Builds Stretched 1-Ton FJ40 (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all LS swap guys following Mike’s build what are you doing with the vapor purge hose. Deleting it or running a fuel line to a charcoal canister? Thanks.
I blocked mine off with a kit.

Mike, here a couple of pics for reference. I just completed all my fuel lines and fuel cell install. Now moving onto the PSI stand alone wiring harness. This have to pickup a chassis harness. I will give an update on this Monday. If I can delete it I will. But I need to check with PSI first. If I can’t delete I will run a fuel line to a charcoal canister to catch the vapors.
Keep up the good work on your build!! Looking great.

D515D4A9-EFF0-4A0E-ACA4-42C2522A885B.jpeg

B369261F-1052-4EAD-AC96-DA34EF0FC92B.jpeg

I have not done a thread build. Maybe I should. Yes 60 axles with 36 swamper Tsl sx. I’m building a set
Fj80 axles right now. Will be doing a 3 link up front from a SOA. The rear is 4 linked.

Hey Matzell, did you have to anything with your ECM because you blocked it?
I will have to, I am not at that point yet.

Has anyone run the Holley Terminator X standalone engine management kit on their LS?

Has anyone run the Holley Terminator X standalone engine management kit on their LS?

@mtweller

@cruisermatt has per recent back & forth PM's between us.

Terminator X Vs GM ECU highly dependent on your goals. For 99% of Land cruisers/ off-roaders just want to leave the engine completely stock, tune stock, OBD2 etc the GM ECU is the way to go. Sealed shock-proof ECU.

If you think you will want more power later, custom tuning, E85, etc then go Holley. Keep in mind the Terminator X Is not sealed or potted and needs to be mounted inside the vehicle. (Glovebox on a 40).

Love the Terminator X, largely because of the simplicity and clean wiring. I use it to control my SPAL brushless fan, which is nerdy cool. I was able to run my LS on a stand using this ECU pretty much straight out of the box. I have some tuning experience so I really enjoy having those capabilities with the Holley SW. Like Matt said, it needs to be in the cab (glove box) but no biggie for me. I'd do it again on my next swap.

I also like the small digital dashboard that comes with the Holley - it sits nicely on a 40 between the defrost vent and the windshield, lightly wedged. Keeps all my vitals right there with user defined "red lights".

DangerNoodle is going to come out to my place in Montana and help me with the Link setup. Right DJ? LOL

DangerNoodle is going to come out to my place in Montana and help me with the Link setup. Right DJ? LOL

Lol let me know

Terminator X Vs GM ECU highly dependent on your goals. For 99% of Land cruisers/ off-roaders just want to leave the engine completely stock, tune stock, OBD2 etc the GM ECU is the way to go. Sealed shock-proof ECU.

If you think you will want more power later, custom tuning, E85, etc then go Holley. Keep in mind the Terminator X Is not sealed or potted and needs to be mounted inside the vehicle. (Glovebox on a 40).
Thanks for the tips. I might want to tune it later for more HP but 407HP might be plenty.

Love the Terminator X, largely because of the simplicity and clean wiring. I use it to control my SPAL brushless fan, which is nerdy cool. I was able to run my LS on a stand using this ECU pretty much straight out of the box. I have some tuning experience so I really enjoy having those capabilities with the Holley SW. Like Matt said, it needs to be in the cab (glove box) but no biggie for me. I'd do it again on my next swap.

I also like the small digital dashboard that comes with the Holley - it sits nicely on a 40 between the defrost vent and the windshield, lightly wedged. Keeps all my vitals right there with user defined "red lights".
I was planning to use the Dakota Digital factory style gauges so I probably wouldn’t use the Holly display…tough that display will be nice for the initial start before my dash display is installed. Thanks for the info. Could you attach a picture of your engine bay when you get a chance?

Mike, My Wheelbase is 100". I will lengthen when I do the axle swap and 3 link the front. Comp cut the rear and try to pickup another 8 or so inches.

Your Cruiser is going to be amazing! I can’t wait to meet at a trail. Our Cruisers should look very similar when they are done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom