My first 40 build - 5.3/TH350/LC-case stretched and linked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been traveling a lot lately for work but a few updates. Ran the brake lines to the rear and ran the fuel lines back to where the tank will go. Put the tub back on because I need to redo a couple of the body mounts. Also got the shock hoops for the front done. I plan on adding some gussets to the coil support and running a tube to both shock hoops that can disconnect. so little by little.

I ran into some issues with the headers I bought so I had to get something different. hoping to start on the exhaust soon.

IMG_9704.jpeg
IMG_9709.jpeg

Took the tub back off today and got working on the exhaust. I need to figure out my fuel tank set up. I think the one I have has some rust in it. It looks like the old SOR 21 gallon steel tank. Any suggestions?

For now here is some pics. My son was helping me today and wanted to do some welding so I let him go for it. He's learning and we are having fun. Not everything has to look pretty. As long as it holds and doesn't leak. lol

IMG_9986.jpeg
IMG_9987.jpeg
IMG_9989.jpeg
IMG_9991.jpeg

Couple more. Just need to put some exhaust hangers in. I'm tempted not to run it all the way out the back and just let it dump right there.

Last one is where I ran my fuel pump and filter.

IMG_9990.jpeg
IMG_9988.jpeg
IMG_9992.jpeg

Made a little more progress the past couple weeks. Gas tank installed, support hoop, and support rod for panhard arm. I also added some gussets to the point where the shock hoops connect with the coil buckets for added support. I'm changing out my stock 40 knuckles to 60 knuckles so that will be a great upgrade.

IMG_0075.jpeg
IMG_0076.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg

Used a 1" solid rod for the support. I'm going to also put a plate on the drivers side for added support for the pahnard bracket and where the steering box with go. Last pic with CAD (cardboard aided design)

IMG_0040.jpeg
IMG_0041.jpeg
IMG_0043.jpeg

IMG_0044.jpeg

Just a thought, have you checked out the case saver & nose cone support from Valley Hybrid ?

Just a thought, have you checked out the case saver & nose cone support from Valley Hybrid ?

Nope, The current set up I have I bought with the vehicle. PO gave up on the project and I took over. Got a good deal though. lol

Georg sells a tcase saver that is designed to prevent the case from cracking down the middle which is an inherent failure point with the offset rear output, high horse power, big tires, traction. He also sells a ring that goes over the front output nose cone to prevent it from cracking the ears off the housing, usually when the front driveline is impacted.

Georg sells a tcase saver that is designed to prevent the case from cracking down the middle which is an inherent failure point with the offset rear output, high horse power, big tires, traction. He also sells a ring that goes over the front output nose cone to prevent it from cracking the ears off the housing, usually when the front driveline is impacted.
I second that recommendation…though this happened after 10-15 years with 300 hp, big tires and low gears.

P3280332_Original.jpeg

P3280330_Original.jpeg

P3280331_Original.jpeg

P3280327_Original.jpeg

P3280329_Original.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom