Builds Stretched 1-Ton FJ40 (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One less box cluttering up the back! I got up at 4am this morning to finish what I started over the weekend. The ac/heater is in! I worked on the wiring for a few hours before it was time to go to work and I was able to reroute 2 large trunks and consolidate two more into the factory harness. Good thing I made room by removing the emissions wiring a few weeks ago.

Over the weekend I also got the parking brakes tightened, the transmission tunnel sealed and fastened down, and I bent the Atlas shifters to clear the hvac vents. Apparently the factory door bushings work well for the front high/low shifter. Who knows where the actual bushings went.

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0670.jpeg

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0691.jpeg

Does the radio gps antenna wire work with those apps? If so I might toss it up on the roof.

I see that you are showing us the checkout window, and your battery is almost dead so you must have been pondering this for awhile. Ha. Some advice if you are really interested in this cluster (I don’t see why you wouldn’t be. Ha!), these are on a two month back order from Dakota Digital. Summit and Jegs both had them in stock and they are $50 cheaper. Summit had 6 left when I got mine. Just saying.

IMG_6290.jpeg

Yes, mine came with a little sat antenna and it is stuck on the alum roof skin, however I do believe the data is bluetoothed to the android headset from the inreach device, there are apps that do use that antenna, I have only tried the inreach app while device was linked, curious to see if it finds data without device linked ?? I'll try a few apps and see how well that antenna does, it has picked up location on map apps so no reason to think it wouldnt but have not specifically checked.

Perfect color match…if you close your eyes.

I’m cutting new sleeves for my windshield bolts because I apparently lost the original sleeves, or I used them for something else. I don’t recall such a slant to the windshield but it must be close enough because it aligns with the doors.

My new dash pad came in from Japan ($390 factory Toyota!) and I’ll get that on next, then move to under the hood for the rest of the weekend.

IMG_0745.jpeg

IMG_0744.jpeg

image.jpg

LOL, the fish eye makes the hubs look like their sticking out a ton. How wide are those tires, geez.

LOL, the fish eye makes the hubs look like their sticking out a ton. How wide are those tires, geez.
Oh that is weird! I didn’t even realize that I was doing that with the camera. I think those tires are 30 inches wide and the hub sticks out an additional 2 feet from the wheel. Lol.

Last edited:
I got the new dashboard in and I tinkered on a few other things before starting on the wiring for the engine. I’ve got most of the engine wiring out that I don’t need and I am going to email Brendan at LT1Swap.com to see what signal wires I need from my vehicle speed sensor. There are blank pins in my PCM for manual transmission high and low frequency signals and the automatic had just the high frequency signal. I’ll let you all know what Brendan says.

Update: here is a link to the company in Japan that I got the dashboard from. They have excellent customer service. Import_Japan0318 | eBay Stores - https://www.ebay.com/str/importjapan0318?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=s8bj5z9wqri&sssrc=3418065&ssuid=g3qv1m6ur6q&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

IMG_0760.jpeg

IMG_0759.jpeg

IMG_0746.jpeg

IMG_0758.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpeg

Last edited:
I appreciate the photo spreads as it saves alot of page surfing as I frequently revisit your photos for reference.

Engine Wiring
I appreciate the photo spreads as it saves alot of page surfing as I frequently revisit your photos for reference.
You bet and thanks for the mention! I can’t wait to take pictures of this thing somewhere other than in my garage. Until then, here are a few more of the engine wiring.

I got a little overwhelmed this morning and I took a break do some other chores. I was able to test fit the harness after moving the computer and battery hookups to the opposite side of the engine. I will pull the harness and wrap in loom next weekend.

IMG_0763.jpeg

IMG_0768.jpeg

IMG_0769.jpeg

IMG_0770.jpeg

Last edited:
whats the little square dealio behind alt on top of fuel rail ?
any pics of the slave set up ?

whats the little square dealio behind alt on top of fuel rail ?
any pics of the slave set up ?
That is the purge valve. I left it hooked up and I plan to install an evap canister later to prevent vapor smells.

Here are some pictures of my slave. It is really hard to take a picture as the exhaust and upper control arm is in the way. What are you thinking about?

IMG_0777.jpeg

IMG_0776.jpeg

Last edited:
You bet and thanks for the mention! I can’t wait to take pictures of this thing somewhere other than in my garage. Until then, here are a few more of the engine wiring.

I got a little overwhelmed and had to quit this morning and do some other chores. I was able to test fit the harness after moving the computer and battery hookups to the opposite side of the engine. I will pull the harness and wrap in loom next weekend.

View attachment 3538575

View attachment 3538576

View attachment 3538577

View attachment 3538578
You don’t eat an elephant in one sittings. Small bites until he’s gone. My thing was I’d get up before the family and pluck away until they got up. Whatever it takes.

I was wondering how it cleared that manifold, rotated down and notched the bell, nice. I built a heat shield out of alum sheet and sleeved hose with fire shield. Yours is closer than my set up.

You don’t eat an elephant in one sittings. Small bites until he’s gone. My thing was I’d get up before the family and pluck away until they got up. Whatever it takes.
It’s hard to believe that May marks three years since I started. It’s amazing what can be done in just a few days a week.
I was wondering how it cleared that manifold, rotated down and notched the bell, nice. I built a heat shield out of alum sheet and sleeved hose with fire shield. Yours is closer than my set up.
I will probably build a heat shield between the exhaust and the slave cylinder (and maybe another one between the firewall) once I have it plumbed as it is tight and I want to keep it cool and protected. Those manifolds might not put off that much heat being thick cast iron so we’ll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom