Builds Stretched 1-Ton FJ40 (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you going to try and get fancy with the lower dash pad ? or just fill the holes ? same with the ash tray opening ?

Are you going to try and get fancy with the lower dash pad ? or just fill the holes ? same with the ash tray opening ?
I am going to replace the lower-right dash pad with a custom shorter pad. I may have an upholstery shop do this when I have the rest of the interior done. I plan to keep my 4Runner seats and have them redone in some sort of vinyl material that looks retro and modern.

I will fill the ash tray opening and drill three holes for my heater controls, then I’ll put the usb port for the radio above those controls. Sadly the ash tray and recess were perfect but I don’t smoke and I’m tired of hearing loose change rattling around. The ash tray was one of the first things to sell. Apparently they are in high demand.

Are you looking for a pristine 2F air cleaner assembly for that LS engine swap? Maybe a factory carb cleaner to cool the aftermarket brake master cylinder? I didn’t think so but these would be great parts for a restoration.

Radio mount…

IMG_0260.jpeg

IMG_0261.jpeg

IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_0264.jpeg

IMG_0267.jpeg

who did you get the switch panel from ?

Switch panel
Toyotamatt for the switch
Thanks. I already checked that avenue and he doesn’t have this part. He does have the entire switch for around $375. I might attempt to make my own pushrod. It appears that all I need is a piece of aluminum stock, a lathe and a die. What could go wrong. Ha.

I have a lot of other parts to buy before I’ll ever need to be using the hazards and I just can’t see spending that kind of money on a switch at this point.

Sand old paint
The sanding resumes. Hopefully the front grill is the worst of it. I really don’t have that much left to go.

Apparently it is winter now and it is 11 degrees F outside. I am so glad to be working in the garage, and that inexpensive heater from Amazon is doing an amazing job! It took the temperature from 45 degrees to 65 in about 30 minutes. Impressive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom