Builds Stretched 1-Ton FJ40 (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s chaos in here this weekend! I uncovered the secret code to success. 309. I didn’t know that the factory wrote the paint code on the body before applying the paint. Interesting.

IMG_0125.jpeg

IMG_0126.jpeg

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s been a productive weekend! I’ll spray the heat shield sometime after work this week, then top coat and Raptor liner next weekend, then I am ready to put the shifters and e-brake in for the final time.

I ordered a radio and 9 rocker switches so that I can fit those in preparation for paint. I plan to put the switches where the old radio was. That area is pretty mangled so I think that welding in a switch panel in place is a good option. I’ll have to make a custom molded dash cover for the lower-right side of the dash since I’ll need more room for the switches. I thought about removing those pads altogether but I like them. I have no idea how to mold interior pieces so that should be a fun experiment. I’ve been watching various shows on Motor Trend and I am taking notes.

Here are a few screenshots of the two orders. I had to laugh at the warning from Amazon saying that the radio wouldn’t fit. They don’t know that I have a die grinder and a welder. 🧑‍🏭 Thank you once more for providing the source for the switches, @Godfather90

IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

Last edited:
The switches arrived today and I am very pleased with the quality! I may have gone a bit overboard with the number that I ordered. The wiring harness for this might be bigger than the main harness to the fuse block, ha!

I am applying the Raptor liner today and I’ll send a few pictures of that later.

IMG_0203.jpeg

IMG_0204.jpeg

IMG_0205.jpeg

IMG_0206.jpeg

my only concern is your doors. the rubber weatherstrip will be tough to get to adhere to the Raptor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom