Brake line adapter fj40-14bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a ‘64 40 series, that was running ‘76 40 axles.

I have just swapped in a ‘05 factory disc brake 14b (aam 10.5”) and need an adapter for the brake lines from the Toyota hard line at the frame, to the soft line at the axle (to the ‘T’)

Looks like I need a an adapter with a female end (Bubble flare) for Toyota end and a male end (inverted flare?) for the Chevy side.

But I don’t know the sizing M10-M12?

Does this sound right? Any recommendations for where to source an adapter?

I’m curious to see what others say as I haven’t finished my c14 swap. Those brakes will require more volume of brake fluid and I planned to upgrade my master cylinder and the brake line size to the factory GM sizes to accommodate. I will be watching this thread to see what other guidance is offered.

I hadn’t thought about that part…. I was running disc brakes on all 4 corners for my 40 series axles (built by WFO) and the brake master has been upgraded I’m sure, because it stops on a dime, even with 37” tires.

Just another thing to look into before I get to drive it again

I hadn’t thought about that part…. I was running disc brakes on all 4 corners for my 40 series axles (built by WFO) and the brake master has been upgraded I’m sure, because it stops on a dime, even with 37” tires.

Just another thing to look into before I get to drive it again
I had 4-wheel disks on my stock 40 axles/master and it stopped very well. I can say that the 1-ton brakes are hefty and my stock e-brake handle couldn’t even come close to actuating them. I had to upgrade that to a Lokar floor pull lever.

I know that the stock master is too small to push enough fluid to a full 1-ton setup but maybe you will be okay if it’s just in the rear.

Do you have a build thread for this? I’d love to see some pictures. Did you go full width or did you shorten? I went with 63 WMS by using the dual rear wheel hubs with single wheel setup.

No build thread, sold my built ‘88 FJ62 and bought my neighbors 40, which already was SOA, on 37’s and has a Holly Sniper kit on a SBC 350.

I put in a 4.3:1 Atlas, which required a centered rear axle…. So I went full width factory disc axle from an ‘05 Chevy 2500. I also stretched the rear wheelbase back about 4.5” and used Waggy 44044 springs in the rear. Once I find a Chevy D60, I’ll swap the front axle and push it about 6” forward and 3-link it. Just need to find the axle first

IMG_3638.jpeg

I cut the end off my toyota hard line and flared on the appropriately sized inverted flare fitting onto my toyota line. Simplest solution.

No build thread, sold my built ‘88 FJ62 and bought my neighbors 40, which already was SOA, on 37’s and has a Holly Sniper kit on a SBC 350.

I put in a 4.3:1 Atlas, which required a centered rear axle…. So I went full width factory disc axle from an ‘05 Chevy 2500. I also stretched the rear wheelbase back about 4.5” and used Waggy 44044 springs in the rear. Once I find a Chevy D60, I’ll swap the front axle and push it about 6” forward and 3-link it. Just need to find the axle first

View attachment 3446841
Nice! I’ll be watching for updates wherever you put them. Looks like a fun Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom