Builds The LF40 Wheeler Build - Twin Turbo & 8 Speed Auto FJ40 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You need to make friends with somebody with a tube laser. Preferably 5 axis so it can trim the fillets as well
Tube Service has a laser and their DOM tube is reasonably priced. I’ve never used their laser service, which is why I was wondering what DJ had been doing.

I'm back from Cruise Moab and starting to scheme again.

Let me know what you guys think, I have some major interior upgrades that I want to do.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture4.PNG

On my samurai i added the windshield bars and its looks cool but actually bothered me as far as vision when wheeling FWIW . So bummed i missed CM this year .

dig the laid back b-pillars. Nice triangulation but i agree on the windshield bars. Maybe use a removable bar for less intense days?

Looks sweet, I think those windshield bars are there for a reason on all the comp regs. I think one would get used to them.
It was great to see you at CM and chat, sorry we did not get to run trails together 😩

After running Pritchett Canyon Fri it had me thinking of some kind of cage/rollbar !

Unless things have changed Drastically i am going to say DJs 40 is far from a Competition Rig . Well unless we are talking show n shine . . DJ didnt you have your cage tie into the lower A post ? are you now thinking about going to the frame ?

Unless things have changed Drastically i am going to say DJs 40 is far from a Competition Rig . Well unless we are talking show n shine . . DJ didnt you have your cage tie into the lower A post ? are you now thinking about going to the frame ?

I'm going for a full tie in. My interior is something that is very much gen 1 of this build and something I know I can do much more nicely now, and make it fit more to the way I use the 40.

I wheel it plenty and have picked up plenty of body damage, but it's not going to be abused with no care to the body for sure. I'm in the boat that if I pick up damage doing something unintentionally, oh well, but I wont go into something knowing that I'm going to munch panels.

I'm going for a full tie in. My interior is something that is very much gen 1 of this build and something I know I can do much more nicely now, and make it fit more to the way I use the 40.

I wheel it plenty and have picked up plenty of body damage, but it's not going to be abused with no care to the body for sure. I'm in the boat that if I pick up damage doing something unintentionally, oh well, but I wont go into something knowing that I'm going to munch panels.
You dont have to tell me anything lol i still wax mine . You should come out in Aug with Jason

You dont have to tell me anything lol i still wax mine . You should come out in Aug with Jason

I'd really like to, but I have plans from last year then :(

Rubucon is one of my bucket list trails. Helpefully next year for sure, though.

I would like to do the Rubicon as well.

If trends continue, someone will get their panties in a wad and see to its closing to those evil oil powered vehicles.

I would like to do the Rubicon as well.

If trends continue, someone will get their panties in a wad and see to its closing to those evil oil powered vehicles.
Thankfully, it’s designated as a county Road and we have the Rubicon foundation always working hard to keep it open along with numerous clubs and fab shops that Donate their time and money to keep it open.

Ha ha it’s a great trail and I have donated my own time to keep it open. I run it once or twice a year.

The good thing is the Rubi will still be there next year . In Aug we are running the Rubicon then Fordyce . should be a great trip . I will be back to CM next year Life just happened this year .

LOL people want to Rag on The great state of California and then they want to come and run the great trails that we have here. 🤮🤮

Every state has its issues casting blame on other states serves no good purpose.

I was born in cali; I love the state. I can only take it in small doses like vegas though. Too many people for my taste.

The good thing is the Rubi will still be there next year . In Aug we are running the Rubicon then Fordyce . should be a great trip . I will be back to CM next year Life just happened this year .

Hope to see you out there some time. I really want to get out there and run both of those, or maybe a rubithon. Seems like a super fun trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom