Builds The LF40 Wheeler Build - Twin Turbo & 8 Speed Auto FJ40 (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toybox
20201211_162713.jpg

Picked up this hunk of metal from the shippers today. Thanks @orangefj45!

SM465, Toybox, Splitcase has arrived. Now to mash these two drivetrains together...

20201211_174142.jpg

The case cover is sealed on with Black Rtv. Stuffs like concrete. Pulled out the bolts and can’t pull off the cover. I’m I missing something. Advice?

I'd get a plastic scaper and see if you can't pop it off. Maybe a razor blade, but I'd be hesitant about scratching mating surfaces.

This is the case cover. What a bear. I can’t remove it. I’m I missing something?

View attachment 2522271

I've never had to pull apart an Orion. Maybe post up in the pinned orion thread so the guys that really know them can help.

Running into some problems separating the SM from the toybox. I've walloped it pretty good, but I can't even get anything to move. I can't get anything between the plates to start prying them apart. Anyone have an idea how to get the two seperated? @Godfather90 do you know if it is only the 6 bolts on the plate closest to the transmission that needs to be removed? I'm througly stumped.

20201213_142501.jpg

Running into some problems separating the SM from the toybox. I've walloped it pretty good, but I can't even get anything to move. I can't get anything between the plates to start prying them apart. Anyone have an idea how to get the two seperated? @Godfather90 do you know if it is only the 6 bolts on the plate closest to the transmission that needs to be removed? I'm througly stumped.

View attachment 2524913

So I had a ToyBox on the back of an H42 and couldn't get them separated either. I sold them together because of this 😜

I have an R151F tail housing now that accommodates the rf1a case as designed.

There's a lot of surface area to pry that gasket maker apart with.

I wish I had better input!

Mike

So I had a ToyBox on the back of an H42 and couldn't get them separated either. I sold them together because of this 😜

I have an R151F tail housing now that accommodates the rf1a case as designed.

There's a lot of surface area to pry that gasket maker apart with.

I wish I had better input!

Mike

Hmm, I may just take this to a transmission shop and let them fiddle with it. I don't feel like breaking it.

Are these through holes?

Or are they blind?

Is that where the alignment dowels are?

If they are blind with a dowel there might be enough material to use a bottom tap and thread it. Thread a bolt in there and bottom it to the dowel and pop it apart?

Just a thought...

Mike

Screenshot_20201214-203732.png

Are these through holes?

Or are they blind?

Is that where the alignment dowels are?

If they are blind with a dowel there might be enough material to use a bottom tap and thread it. Thread a bolt in there and bottom it to the dowel and pop it apart?

Just a thought...

Mike

View attachment 2524940

One has a pin. Other is empty. I may tap it, but I worry that I am going to strip the aluminum before the thing pops. A block and sledge wasn't moving it at all.

One has a pin. Other is empty. I may tap it, but I worry that I am going to strip the aluminum before the thing pops. A block and sledge wasn't moving it at all.
I bet if you can thread it and get a good purchase it would pop it right apart. It will concentrate the tension on thst comer and spread it easily. Just lubricate the threads. Put something below the bolt to prevent the bolt from getting into the partially threaded portion at the end of the taps reach.

How much thread do you think you could have?

I bet if you can thread it and get a good purchase it would pop it right apart. It will concentrate the tension on thst comer and spread it easily. Just lubricate the threads. Put something below the bolt to prevent the bolt from getting into the partially threaded portion at the end of the taps reach.

How much thread do you think you could have?

Maybe 3/8-1/2 an inch. I also have a hole on the opposite corner of the block. It may work.

View attachment 2524913
Probably something majorly wrong with it. That's why it won't come apart. Better give the toy box to me so I can throw it away:cautious:

Probably something majorly wrong with it. That's why it won't come apart. Better give the toy box to me so I can throw it away:cautious:

Lmao, sure.

:flipoff2:

did you consider asking the guy who built it

did you consider asking the guy who built it

Yep. He said to try and pop it apart and shove something in between to pry. It's really stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom