Builds The LF40 Wheeler Build - Twin Turbo & 8 Speed Auto FJ40 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

200 lb main spring, 150 lb secondary, 100 lb tender.
wow, thats quite a bit lower than mine, I'm at 250/300. I have enough pre-load that I don't have a tender. I was at 200/300 and needed a bit more.

wow, thats quite a bit lower than mine, I'm at 250/300. I have enough pre-load that I don't have a tender. I was at 200/300 and needed a bit more.

What length coliovers are you running?

I'm not sure why mine are so low, but my preload works and everything seems to be in order.
I must be quite a bit heavier. With the hard-top on, I'm 6000lbs, with a 50/50 weight distribution, so I have the same spring rates front and back.

Well, my hellfire knuckle set is ready, and just needs to get shipped now. That will be a big step forward once those arrive.

In other news, I am applying for a summer internship at Proffitt's Resurrection Land Cruisers offered through my school, so wish me luck on that. I got signed up to go to Cruise Moab this year, so I have a hard deadline to at least get this thing running. I'm pushing to get it done by then, and I should be able to, I hope.

Hope to see some of you in April!

Well, my hellfire knuckle set is ready, and just needs to get shipped now. That will be a big step forward once those arrive.

In other news, I am applying for a summer internship at Proffitt's Resurrection Land Cruisers offered through my school, so wish me luck on that. I got signed up to go to Cruise Moab this year, so I have a hard deadline to at least get this thing running. I'm pushing to get it done by then, and I should be able to, I hope.

Hope to see some of you in April!
I'm thinking about going to Cruise Moab as well.

Hopefully it all works out in time!

Mike

I'm thinking about going to Cruise Moab as well.

Hopefully it all works out in time!

Mike

That would be awesome! See if you can grab a slot just in case.

Small update.

I have been fighting with wiring a whole bunch, and when you are an absolute trogolodyte like me, it hurts your brain. My PO hacks have not helped.

20210227_144024.jpg

Light switch rebuild.

20210227_171659.jpg

Current testing phase. I have the hazards, light switch, hi/low beam, and blinkers working.

20210228_192457.jpg

20210228_192510.jpg

I'll start installing and cleaning up the wiring tomorrow, and will try to get my wipe wash switch integrated.

Small update.

I have been fighting with wiring a whole bunch, and when you are an absolute trogolodyte like me, it hurts your brain. My PO hacks have not helped.

View attachment 2599749

Light switch rebuild.

View attachment 2599750

Current testing phase. I have the hazards, light switch, hi/low beam, and blinkers working.

View attachment 2599751

View attachment 2599752

I'll start installing and cleaning up the wiring tomorrow, and will try to get my wipe wash switch integrated.

If you use the word troglodyte I think it precludes you from being one. Wiring is a pain, nice work!

If you use the word troglodyte I think it precludes you from being one. Wiring is a pain, nice work!

Thanks!

However, I'm essentially a fire wielding monkey. This shyt hurts my brain.

20210301_203607.jpg

Most things are integrated, but I can't seem to get my wiper motor working. It keeps blowing fuses. Does anyone have any ideas why? I matched the colors for the 3 wires out of the switch and grounded it, I'm assuming the solid blue wire is power. Am I assuming wrong? Is there an easy way to bench test the motor?

20210301_212032.jpg

Little update. Wiper motor and switch works great, but toyota was helpful and switched colors around through plugs. Some quick testing fixed everything.

Yesterday's update:

Lots more wiring completed. The harness is almost done, I just need to terminate the ends for all the lights, and finish a bit more in the cab.

Pulled to the back. I need to figure out a good way to attach it.

20210303_210040.jpg

My compressor should be here on saturday, so the rest of my switches and wiring should be here then.

20210303_210101.jpg

My dash is almost cleaned up. Its getting there.

20210303_210107.jpg

I got my relay box fully wired up. I am curently running my headlights, 12" light bar, aux backup lights, and 50" light bar through it. It is a super clean way to pack in 8 fused relays.

20210304_152202.jpg

Engine bay is starting to clean up a bit.

20210303_210120.jpg

Yesterday's update:

Lots more wiring completed. The harness is almost done, I just need to terminate the ends for all the lights, and finish a bit more in the cab.

Pulled to the back. I need to figure out a good way to attach it.

View attachment 2602902

My compressor should be here on saturday, so the rest of my switches and wiring should be here then.

View attachment 2602903

My dash is almost cleaned up. Its getting there.

View attachment 2602904

I got my relay box fully wired up. I am curently running my headlights, 12" light bar, aux backup lights, and 50" light bar through it. It is a super clean way to pack in 8 fused relays.

View attachment 2603402

Engine bay is starting to clean up a bit.

View attachment 2602907
Feel like you’re the only dude on here that’s about the same age as me - and you are absolutely killing it. Super nice work man.

I know Jeremiah pretty well. He built a suspension for me on one of my 40's back in 2007. Super nice guy. Trying to get to CM myself, Don't think my 40 will be done. DJ, nice work. Fun to follow.

Feel like you’re the only dude on here that’s about the same age as me - and you are absolutely killing it. Super nice work man.

Us young people are pretty few and far between in this hobby. It gets expensive, quickly. I'm lucky that by dad shares my passion and is willing to support me, and that I have a great paying job and few bills at this time. I know CruiserMatt is roughly our age, along with @CapriCruiser, and I'm sure that is a few more of us.

Thanks for the kind words!

-DJ

I know Jeremiah pretty well. He built a suspension for me on one of my 40's back in 2007. Super nice guy. Trying to get to CM myself, Don't think my 40 will be done. DJ, nice work. Fun to follow.

Thanks, Paul! Would love to see you out here, but it looks like you still have got some work ahead of you. Would be great to meet you in-person though! Maybe have it running for SAS 5?

-DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom