Target carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It will be like the 70s chase scenes when 7 hub caps come off 1 car throughout the chase.

Yes! I loved those scenes!

Not sure if any hubcaps came off - they should have thought of that - but these guys must have had so much fun wailing on that LTD:

I am very lucky to have a small shop to go out and tinker on stuff.
Some of us have seen your shop. Kinda like saying you have a small stash of good whiskey...which we’ve also enjoyed.

im ready now ,, think 17 x 8 in a 3 1/2 back space .......
Took a couple of phone calls back and forth between Summit, US Wheel and myself but I think we got it figured out.
This is what I have coming, going to try the Dog Fish method to attach the caps on these.

IMG_20201026_124206.jpg

Visually that is a big rim, makes the 55 look even smaller...hmmm.

Visually that is a big rim, makes the 55 look even smaller...hmmm.

You know Rush is going to call it a donk so lets just get that out of the way now.
donk-land-cruiser-40-inch-wheels.jpg

Yeah I’m still on the fence with all this. Not sure about the chrome hubcaps so they might get painted, also not sure about the titanium color paint I used on the rims, I like it on my grill and headlight rings but it’s too bright on the rims so I might respray them a darker color.

Probably going to take me a few tries to get something I like or give up and go back to 15” rims.

I didn’t want to burst your bubble with a “donk” comment, but....

no, really I think they look pretty good. My preference is without the hubcaps. The color choice is a little odd, but you say you’re still working that out, so that’s cool.

I like the overall look with this style rim on your rig. I do like how it lightens the size as well. For me I'm not sure the caps work with the bigger rim, maybe if they were a different color like you thought about they'd fit in. Also not a fan of that rim color. What other colors are you considering? Definitely think you can find something that will tie in well.

What other colors are you considering? Definitely think you can find something that will tie in well.
I considered all the standard colors (white, gray and black) and was thinking this color would be a good compromise between gray and black, this is the same color I used on my grill but it looks quite a bit brighter on these wheels.

My goal is/was give it that Restomod look with a mix old and new technology and I’m going back and forth between too classic or too modern with the colors on these wheels, I’ve seen the Cerakote C-105 Titanium I used on other wheels and I liked the look but it’s not working for me on theses. I’m looking at the C-111 Tungsten that’s a bit darker and C-112 Cobalt that is a dark charcoal grey with a slight blue hue and silver metallic.

If I had my own tire machine or we weren’t living with the Covid rules this would be a lot easier but right now mounting and balancing tires in a pain in the butt and I’m not super motivated to do it six or seven more times.

Last edited:
You know Rush is going to call it a donk so lets just get that out of the way now.
donk-land-cruiser-40-inch-wheels.jpg

Yeah I’m still on the fence with all this. Not sure about the chrome hubcaps so they might get painted, also not sure about the titanium color paint I used on the rims, I like it on my grill and headlight rings but it’s too bright on the rims so I might respray them a darker color.

Probably going to take me a few tries to get something I like or give up and go back to 15” rims.
****ing guys keep stealing my ideas 💡 😒 😤!! I'm starting to get PISSED 😤 😑 😒 🙄 🙃 😐 😤.

I'm starting to get PISSED

Stay tuned, I had a few minutes this morning to actually look at this debacle and try to figure out why the rims (color I don’t like) and my grill (color I like) are completely different colors.

I’ve been devoting too much time trying to keep my businesses running and not enough time reading labels on paint containers.

We'll get this sorted out soon and you can go back to GRUMPY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom