Target carrier (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the problem now is the caps are too small, you are going to have to work your magic and stretch them a bit?

If it were me, I think I'd paint the caps in a darker shade of the same color family. I think.

I was going to say a lighter gray so you get a bit of contrast between the rim and tire. Maybe just the photo but I don't really see the rims as they blend with the tire. Something like this factory rim.

2FF782E4-F2A1-405F-896D-CFD2B1873EA2.jpeg

I was going to say a lighter gray so you get a bit of contrast between the rim and tire. Maybe just the photo but I don't really see the rims as they blend with the tire. Something like this factory rim.

View attachment 2488598

I am in that camp as well. I went electrical panel gray when I had my wheels powder coated.
The dilemma is that you don't see as much of the wheel when they are 15s, so they just break up the space between the cap and the tire.
With 17s I think it is a whole different ball game...

Maybe just the photo but I don't really see the rims as they blend with the tire
The dilemma is that you don't see as much of the wheel when they are 15s, so they just break up the space between the cap and the tire.
With 17s I think it is a whole different ball game...

This is my exact dilemma and solution with the 17” rims.

In my opinion the 17” rim looks too big and the lighter colors just draw more attention to that, I didn’t want to just go flat black and was looking for a silver/gray that would blend the rim into the tire to downplay the size of the rim a bit, based on WDE’s comment I’m calling that a win.

the problem now is the caps are too small, you are going to have to work your magic and stretch them a bit?

This is my dilemma with the hubcaps.

(A) I don’t like chrome. (B) The shiny cap looks like a pimple on a fat girls butt and I don’t have a hubcap stretcher handy to make it bigger.

I’m thinking if I paint it the same color as the rim it’s going to look weird, I only have so many options here for paint colors so I’m going to try to blend something either just a bit lighter or darker but keep it similar to the rim color. Masking those black shapes on the factory caps is going to be a PITA so I don’t want to have to do that more than once and will spend a little more time experimenting before I jump in and paint them.

Last edited:
🤔

Never really thought of it that way...

It’s visual for me trying to get the “look” and unfortunately we don’t have a lot of 55’s that are fixed up in the style I’m after that I can find for inspiration so I’m here just trying some random ideas until I get what I want. The first thing that popped in my mind when I looked at that shiny cap on that big rim was that unsightly dot on that big blank canvas looks like a “pimple on a big butt” so yeah I have issues.

Looking on the interwebs it’s easy to find the older Ford bronco’s modernized and quite a few end up with 16” and 17” I’m guessing for the same reason I’m here now.

I know I don’t like the look of the light color rim with chrome cap like these,
1972-ford-bronco

icon-classic-br-17_v1_current-1500x1001.jpg

I like the clean look of this one but I think the black rims are a bit played out and I’m ready to move on, the question is what to move on to?

The-Ford-Bronco-Gets-a-Jaw-Dropping-Electric-Restomod-from-Zero-Labs-1024x584.jpg

It’s visual for me trying to get the “look” like a “pimple on a big butt” so yeah I have issues.

Man, if you like big girls, no worries. I don't think we judge (much) in here...

l.jpg

I like the clean look of this one but I think the black rims are a bit played out and I’m ready to move on, the question is what to move on to?

The-Ford-Bronco-Gets-a-Jaw-Dropping-Electric-Restomod-from-Zero-Labs-1024x584.jpg

(Try to stay on topic)

I never really dug the whole black rim thing, so if we are moving on, I am fine with that. Not sure if that makes me sound old, but we're all into our own things, eh?

(Try to stay on topic)

I never really dug the whole black rim thing, so if we are moving on, I am fine with that. Not sure if that makes me sound old, but we're all into our own things, eh?
I like the off-white or gray on the 15" rims with hubcaps but on the 17" wheels it doesn't work for me, still haven't decided on a color for my caps yet but they are sandblasted and sitting in the cure oven and will get the first coat of paint in about an hour so I need to get it figured out soon.

Hubcaps are painted but I left me picture taking phone at my brother’s house 800 miles away and won’t have pictures till next week so carry on.

"keeping on subject, please!", or other general mayhem...

It is really only the NH character that is being a PITA,

:rofl::rofl::beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom