Target carrier (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just for fun, that goes 4 feet in the ground filled with cement.

IMG_2386.JPG

Scrapdaddy for the win, I believe if you get a long enough bar in that vise you could rotate the earth. Like I said I started second guessing myself on permanent locations and chickened out on cementing it in.

I was looking at this cool stand @gofast built and decided to take the safe road and build mine semi-portable. I would still like to add some sort of hammer hanger like he has before I paint it.

Vise%203_zpsbbvmrosr.jpg

So for now this will have to do. I made the top from a hunk of ½” 7075 and bolted it to the 1 1/2" steel, I’m able to get it dead level and its sturdy enough that I should be able to clamp parts then level or square off the top to help keep them aligned.

IMG_20200326_143633.jpg

More shelter in place bumblefuckery in the shop today.

My BMS finally got here from China, it had been held up due to the virus outbreak and took an extra 30 days to get here. Started mounting everything in the case then decided I didn’t like the power plugs I ordered so I’m going to have to wait for the Anderson Powerpole connectors to get here before I can finish. Hoping to fabbercobble something together tomorrow so I can start testing.

IMG_20200403_113942733.jpg

Got side tracked and made some push buttons out of some .50 CAL cases for a friend of mines old willys jeep station wagon thing.
IMG_20200403_171755133.jpg

If your so inclined...I’d like to see what your shackles turned out like, I’m not committed to going that route but have been through your thread and never found them mounted...

What’s the .50 push button for, I don’t recognize the surround?

If your so inclined...I’d like to see what your shackles turned out like, I’m not committed to going that route but have been through your thread and never found them mounted...

What’s the .50 push button for, I don’t recognize the surround?

Better picture.
IMG_20200403_184725937.jpg

My phone $hit the bed and I lost all my photos of his but it looks like this.
1956-Willys-Wagon-4x4-630x430.jpg

Cool wagon, probably makes a 55 look mainstream for finding parts, so interior door handles?
Yeah inside door handles I think.
I don't know too much about it, he drug it up here to Idaho last year and I helped him put it together and get running.

My shackle drama starts here.

Target carrier

Then started to spiral out of control about here.

Target carrier

By here I knew I was in trouble.

Target carrier

About this time I was wishing I spent the time to research the advice I was given on using Toyota style shackles.

Target carrier

This shows the issue.

Keep reading a few pages past this and you’ll see my solution to my issue.

I never claimed to be smart.
Pretty sure that could be a blanket statement to anyone pouring cash sweat and soul into these old rigs, but the talented sure do have something to show for their efforts!

Keep reading a few pages past this and you’ll see my solution to my issue.
Thanks very much, I’m sure I had read your whole thread a while ago but when I went back looking I was much earlier when I found shackle pics that were the same as what I have. I think I understand now & need to tack on my rear hangers and put some weight on springs before I can decide where I’m going on the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom