Target carrier (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK...detour over, back on Target.
Way off target and not even scotch,

I’m not entirely sure I have a target so you guys are more than welcome keep us entertained in my thread as long as you post pictures…..

Everything is going sideways around here and I haven’t made any forward progress on anything in about 5 weeks, Mack truck project is pushed in a corner, trying to develop a load for a couple new rifles but only made it about half way and got side tracked, cut my eyeball and needed to say out of the shop for a bit, lengthening one of my equipment trailers and have my shop completely balled up and to top it all off they started to build the new shop and knock on my door every 15 min with some new debacle they’ve created like trying to drive a semi-truck across my muddy field and burring it to the axle.

Yes we are building a shop in a snow storm…..

IMG_20200205_160326779.jpg

Ron's Cool 😎

Yes Ron is Cool!!!

cut my eyeball and needed to say out of the shop for a bit
No fun, my brother went through this...I sincerely hope you heal up better than he did.

We did all my shop footings in the snow too. :meh:

So here’s one of my most revered alcohol moments.
The family and I went to some friends house for a little get-together. They had a friend over (a local musician) who had attended his sister’s wedding earlier. He brought a ceramic bottle of bourbon which had been his dad’s, that had been brought to the before mentioned wedding. The story was that this whiskey had been distilled in the 50’s, barreled for 8 years, then bottled in the early 60’s. This bottle, along with I don’t know how many others, was purchased and stashed away. This bottle and another were pulled for the wedding. I had the great privilege of having not one, but two glasses of this nectar. It was the smoothest bourbon I’ve ever had.

3CD85F59-896A-43DB-915E-3F8BC35A46B7.jpeg

This is my jam:
Looks like I need to track down a bottle of Oban 14-year, thanks for contributing to my alcoholism!

Working on some load development for some .243 LBC / 6AR rifles now hoping to make some 1200 yard’ish rock chuck / coyote killers, need to find another 200 FPS to make the math work.

Nice build, to page 5 :popcorn:
I just put that same Fluidampr on. Really helped with reducing vibration. How do you like that P-pump?
8DE2D509-A9D9-45D1-9577-561A40704E04.jpeg

I swapped a 4BT and NV4500 in my 60 series.
BF3513D9-115A-4BE8-9A4D-7FB8AFF56FC3.jpeg

3E39E688-BB85-4936-B5C3-9941561D6B68.jpeg

5BCA7519-460E-4EAD-958D-BEE783F8C457.jpeg
18DCA68C-EDBD-4595-A119-5946B004CC53.jpeg

I’ll be slowly reading on but have a ways to go.
I think you and Rush55 float the Middle Fork.... man that was the best trip of my life!

@Hojack , I get the feeling Mac isn’t into the rafting thing😕

Badass 60 man!👍👍
That’s right it was you RUSH55, seeing Mac was from Boise I just assumed he loved floating the Middle Fork too, owe well his loss :rofl:

Nice build, to page 5 :popcorn:
Thank you!

I just put that same Fluidampr on. Really helped with reducing vibration. How do you like that P-pump?

I believe the Fluidampr helps, this engine is also balanced and has lower compression, I don’t notice any of the “shaking” or any of the other negative Cummins 4BT attributes that people claim.

I like the P-pump but in all honesty it’s all I know other than the CP3 on my Ram pickup. It was a priority when I was shopping for an engine at the time I was wanting to shoot for 300ish HP but now in hindsight a rotary pump would most likely be a better fit in this pig at the power levels I’m at.

I swapped a 4BT and NV4500 in my 60 series.
Very nice job, I'd like to check it out.
Do you have a build thread?

seeing Mac was from Boise I just assumed he loved floating the Middle Fork too, owe well his loss
I've gone out on the Payette River with Cascade Raft & Kayak whitewater adventures a few times but I don't have all the gear to do it on my own.

Last edited:
Ok with all the craziness going on right now work (money) has come to a stop so most all of my fun projects have been put on the back burner for a bit.
Shelter in place will kick a guys butt that doesn't watch TV so I'm going to start some projects out in the shop that doesn't require any money and try to ride this out in my happy place.
First up make a new post vise stand/welding table out of some scrap steel I've been tripping over.
IMG_20200322_141053235.jpg

Seems like all of us are needing to be creative to help pass the time. As a metal hoarder, I have stock for several projects. Getting a little done helps divert attention from the craziness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom