Builds Megadoomer Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, that's next Winter's projects.
Ha winter. I parked this Pig in Feb of 2020. By the time it comes out of it's cocoon it will have isolated so well it wont even know what a COVID pandemic is. I want to do the roof and amby doors, I just don't want to have 12-18 months between drives anymore. I will have to plan better and be less busy. Two thangs that wont happen.

Plans are God's way of demonstrating a sense of humor. Onward...

Wire loom is in. Still integrating to the rats nest under the dash. Started on the inner fender fabbing. Almost done with the passenger side and have one part of the driver. The drive by wire gas pedal is in. Hydroboost is plumbed except we need to mount the remote reservoir.
20210508_123626.jpg
20210508_133805.jpg
20210508_133812.jpg
20210508_133823.jpg
20210508_162715.jpg

Bought a new radiator, got all the fluids for the engine and trans, bought all the fuel lines and fittings.

Looking great. You gotta love checking things off the list.

Last edited:
I had seen that you cut all that inner fender out. I was thinking it looked preety cool, thought you were going to leave it. Guess one needs to have some protection throughthere.
Nice work. You always see the guys on the shows doing inner fenders.

I learnt quick that not having inner fenders is messy on the motor. I am going to drape some rubber sheet to fill the gap between the body and frame.

The shows make it look easy. That was a pita and didn't turn out how I wanted it too. Not bad enough to do it over. Specially since I still have to do the driver.

well, I did a thing. I bought a roof top tent for the trip. The ground tent and air mattress setup is nice for base camp operations, but in Utah it was just too much to do in the morning. So I got a Smittybilt Overlander XL. Price is good and the reviews were positive. I never wanted to do a roof rack or tent on the pig but sometimes you have to adapt and overcome. I probably will build or source a trailer at some point and put the tent on that later.

well, I did a thing. I bought a roof top tent for the trip. The ground tent and air mattress setup is nice for base camp operations, but in Utah it was just too much to do in the morning. So I got a Smittybilt Overlander XL. Price is good and the reviews were positive. I never wanted to do a roof rack or tent on the pig but sometimes you have to adapt and overcome. I probably will build or source a trailer at some point and put the tent on that later.

You're gonna love it. Suggest some practice opening and then closing it up. We had some struggles at first but pretty routine now. We carry a platform step just to make it easier than hanging off the door jamb while trying to work zippers and straps. It doubles as a stand for our stove and cooking utensils.
We'll have to designate a "penthouse camping" area since you, Bonnie and I and Ron and Jeri will all be up on the 2nd floor of our Pigs. I predict some additional pressure on J Mack from Leslie to join us. Ours is back in commission after that little mishap with the overhang in Lander post PP2020. We'll be doing a test run at a family gathering this weekend.

Actually, for those of us of a certain age, up and down the ladder is a helluva lot easier than getting up off the ground.
But wouldn’t be too hard to install a “pilot relief tube “. Friend of mine had one in his van for long drives from Shreveport to Fort Worth every weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom