Builds Megadoomer Build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wanted to do it, but I dont know if my Hyundai Tucson rental is up for the drive.

Eh, Hyundai no can.

Dis kine ride mo bettah, brah. Bes kine Lahaina Pua’a.

1566279796750.png

1566280238656.jpeg

Last edited:
I wanted to do it, but I dont know if my Hyundai Tucson rental is up for the drive.

It is. The books lie. It’s just potholes and switchbacks. Best thing on that island

I survived Maui, and I guess I survived my first week back to work. I picked up the motor last week and it is sitting patiently in Steve's garage. I think I am going to start soon because the Doomer gave me a bit of trouble yesterday going to the dentist. One of the fan fuses literally burnt out, like smoking and ready to catch fire. I poured some water on it and put it on suicide watch with the front office lady. I cut the wires and drove it the mile home with 1 fan.

I am going to get it to Steve's house and start looking this quick and easy engine swap this weekend.

This weekend or the next I will be pulling the tired motor and starting to figure out how to glue the LS in. I have done a lot of armchair inganeering but I am at the point I have to actually do something now.

The poptop idea is gaining traction...in my head. I can stand in my driveway for 30 mins and see the roof rot in front of me. I might do a quick grind and fill for a quick fix but I have been researching it heavily and really want to go that route.

While the engine is out I will be doing the rocker tube slider conversion. I have been wanting to paint the truck but don't want to do it until I have done the metal work.

More I wants, and I wills, but soon there will be progress.

"Paint the truck????" Say it isn't so!

Black paint is still paint. I just want a more permanent coat than rattle bomb every few months. I do have a paint scheme I have devised but I am not sure if I am brave enough to go through with it.

With all you have planned, your rig will be worth way more than the 65K eBay rig in Salt Lake. Keep plugging away, you’ll get there.

JMack could get the extended mileage (paint) warranty if he went with Nebula next time. You too Doomer.

I can't do a unique poptop and put it on a basic nebula pig. It is going to be black, but maybe a bit different. I have to experiment tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom