Builds Fly By Night (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CC83C080-66DD-4300-98B0-790899ECA976.jpeg

1987 FJ73 38mm split-case converted to manual operation
So, a split case from an FJ62 can be converted to manual operation bc they too have are vacuum operated? I've been hunting a split case, but constrained to 60 cases. Maybe I should enlarge my search? What parts were needed to convert to manual operation? I apologize if I missed discussion of this in your thread.

This will get you started...

So, a split case from an FJ62 can be converted to manual operation bc they too have are vacuum operated? I've been hunting a split case, but constrained to 60 cases. Maybe I should enlarge my search? What parts were needed to convert to manual operation? I apologize if I missed discussion of this in your thread.

I started the adventure on page 58. You were there…
There’s some sifting to do so hopefully you have a few minutes. I tore everything apart almost a year ago, did a few of the minor things, cleaned and bagged everything and then it basically sat in a pile on my garage floor until about April.

@cruiseroutfit / cruiser outfitter sell all the bits to manual convert a vac split case to manual.. and a good guide on the conversion The Wagon Way - http://thewagonway.com/?p=51

Last edited:
i was eyeballing that press when we were hangin' nice.

where does an arbor press come in handy over a hydraulic shop press? same same, just different way of doing it?
Your guess is as good as mine. I’m new to them. It’s come in handy a couple times since I’ve got it, so that’s cool. Takes up less space than a full on hydraulic press, but not as versatile.

Eating the elephant...:cookie:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom