Builds Fly By Night (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With the chassis back together, the focus turns to two areas - tub prep and paint, and drivetrain. The tub painting is going to consist of the underside, the roof, and the interior. Want to get all this completed prior to setting the tub on the frame.
Once the tub is on then it will be time to set the engine and drive-train in place and get them mounted.
Since receiving the 3:1 low range gears and t-case rebuild kit, I’ve been anxious to get the case back together. Got the trans set on my bench (Scrappy style) to begin the assembly.
Before getting too far ahead of myself, finally decided I needed to pop the top of the NV4500 and take a look. Must have got lucky with this one because everything looks new.🙏
Thinking it may be possible it was gone through when it was hooked to the adapter prior to its former life as an FJ60 transmission.

E7BE05FE-93C7-4FE4-9C9B-CA036FBDECE1.jpeg

EC75EC8E-488A-4545-B207-862703A144DE.jpeg

9BB439E8-508E-4C0C-9E66-3B5AA66FDBE9.jpeg

Thanks Bob!
The buck was only to make the small piece. Really do need to make something that would recreate the entire lip, even if it took two pieces, like how I’m doing this one.
The lip is double walled, eh?

LHD gas 70 series Troopy is about the only vehicle I’d seriously consider swapping the Frankencruiser for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom