10 years on the road... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Green with Envy!! That is one Sweet looking PIG 🐖😍😊
Lotta bobm in this Pig...rockers, front body mounts, front floors, front fender patch, door sills. Thanks, Bob.

At some point, even when you hit the $5000 limit, it’s all just incremental spending. Didn’t really need a repaint. But when repairing the roof and fixing several minor things had every green panel except the doors needing spot painting the “as long as we’re in this far” took over. What’s a few hundred extra bucks among friends?
Just in time for some new “Colorado (and South Dakota) pin stripes.”

Last edited:
Brought the Frankencruiser home from the body shop this evening. I’ll try for some pics tomorrow. Pleased with how it turned out. Other good news was tracking info for the upper tailgate window weatherstripping from Slocruiser. Been on the wait list there.

Home and mostly reassembled...still have to make lights and signals work. Did I mention electricity is "magic" to me?

passenger side  2.jpg

driver side 2.jpg

rear.jpg

front.jpg

Now for the important part...the formerly mangled and now repaired roof...

roof top rear.jpg

roof front.jpg

roof rail driver rear.jpg

roof rail passenger rear.jpg

Finally, the bobm contributions....front floor pans and body mounts. rockers were done previously. And the bumpers...perfect rear and Gary’s old front...both in Ash Grey Metallic. Winch to be added soon.

passenger floor & mount.jpg

driver floor & mount.jpg

front bumper.jpg

rear bumper.jpg

Last edited:
Man, everything looks great. You putting the same RTT back on?
Gotta pull it apart and see what it'll take to straighten things out. Shouldn't be too bad...worst case a new base frame from Tepui. Not without some trepidation about putting a rack back on that pristine roof! Did get the awning back in shape without too much trouble.

Last edited:
Apologies if I overlooked it in the thread but is that single stage urethane or base clear (or something else?)? Looks great! :cheers:
Base and clear.

It is looking amazing!!! Those are my favorite rims for an FJ55. I hope to find some for mine. I just painted my 40 last week and it was a rewarding process!! I am sure you feel the same way. GREAT JOB!!

Last edited:
Lookie here...a full house! Pulled off the road to capture it.

odo 2.jpg

Option to go to 16" tall skinnies at some point down the road. 16x6 fj70 wheels. Thinking 235x85r16 will keep me at 33" tires. I'm long on wheels with a set of white 40 wheels and still decent 33" All Terrains mounted and another set of those wheels and 4 brand new All Terrains waiting. I need more vehicles or fewer wheels and tires!

wheel 1.jpg

Well, after a weekend in Moab I no longer expect to hear "nice a$$." Didn't do Cruise Moab but spent a couple of days doing trails with some hometown Cruiserheads. This was the result of forays to Elephant Hill and Fins N Things. Expect it's time to look for a sturdier rear bumper, get the stock one repaired (again) and put it on the shelf with the stock front. Luckily the extensions (otherwise know as Rear Quarter Panel Damage Multipliers) didn't live up to their reputation (mostly).
Oh well...we built it to use it. Nice trip despite the carnage. Even ran into a CM group at the Joint Trail parking lot.

dented bumper.jpg

Elephant Hill 2.jpg

Elephant Hill company 2.jpg

Fins N Things 2.jpg

They have four wheels and an engine for a reason...

The Squeeze.JPG

Fins N Things 7.JPG

Fins N Things 9.JPG

Fins N Things 8.JPG

Didnt I ruin one of your bumpers too? I still feel bad about that. Might be time for some beef on your pork.

Looks like a great time out there. I want to try it out someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom