10 years on the road... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Craig…get yourself signed up for the Pig Party. We can chase each other then.

Damn gas tank swap completed a few days ago. A little more work than expected. The supportive crossmember added at the rear frame triangle to reinforce the receiver hitch tube in my new bumper meant I was less than a half inch short of room to wiggle the tank out of its hole. Excellent welding by the fab guy (stacked like dimes with change left over) was three cutting discs worth of hell to remove. Not to mention drilling remounting holes through quarter inch angle iron and the frame. All while on my back pushing up on an angle grinder and heavy duty electric drill. At least it'll be easier next time to just remove a couple of bolts at each end. Renewed appreciation for all of you tackling much worse in your driveways and garages.
Can see where the removed tank was leaking on a top corner but not why. Must be a pin hole leaking under pressure. One of these days I'll clean off the top of the tank and figure it out. After all that grinding dust oozes out of my pores.
Was there going to be a picture with this post? I cannot see any evidence of leaks!

All better with the replaced tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom