What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More cleaning.... The mirror arm was pretty rough and needed to be polished prior to plating.

C7B6A19F-AE49-4659-B3A8-517E13817A31.jpeg

C2F5AFBD-F129-425F-9342-D073403E638E.jpeg

Classed my van up with some sexy stripes!

20181214_001007.jpg
IMG_20181214_001038.jpg
20181213_231513.jpg

D

The pending sill sticker is now sold. Down to the last one now. When it is gone my last Land Cruiser connection will be completed. The next restoration project has been located, and it is NOT a Toyota.

dsc_1811-jpg.1684679

The pending sill sticker is now sold. Down to the last one now. When it is gone my last Land Cruiser connection will be completed. The next restoration project has been located, and it is NOT a Toyota.

dsc_1811-jpg.1684679
Boooooooooo!

dsc_1811-jpg.1684679
I'm sure we are all sorry to hear that. I hope you don't have a sour taste in your mouth about Toyotas. don't be a stranger to the forum. someone that did the complete work you did must have some valuable knowledge that many of us could benefit from!!

Reddog90...Your photo reminds me of my beloved Rottweiler "Samantha". Everytime I was in the garage working on the 40 she was there with me under the truck and was very observant. I miss her as she died at 14 of old age. Great photo, Thanks!

I'm sure we are all sorry to hear that. I hope you don't have a sour taste in your mouth about Toyotas. don't be a stranger to the forum. someone that did the complete work you did must have some valuable knowledge that many of us could benefit from!!
No, no bad feelings at all. It was a fun project. I restore vehicles for the fun of doing it, and to learn about cars and trucks that are new to me. The FJ40 was good on all counts.

Finished these tonight........

the wiper switch main-body is new , but Everything else has been Fully Restored including the wiper knob

Note of my last photo details : I added 11 additional Detent stops to the original 2 for

a total of 13 in all , I experimented with this on my own truck enough to conclude

that it adds a LEXUS level of precision & Finite air-fuel mixture-metering control option

during Cold Start & Warm up procedure

I copied the spacing & Details of each New Detent from a NOS 40 series Hand Throttle Cable

I plan to incorporate this on All future Choke Cable restorations i do

This MOD is wicked KOOL

DSCN9090.JPG
DSCN9091.JPG
DSCN9093.JPG
DSCN9095.JPG

Last edited:
Finished these tonight........

the wiper switch main-body is new , but Everything else has been Fully Restored including the wiper knob

Note of my last photo details : I added 11 additional Detent stops to the original 2 for

a total of 13 in all , I experimented with this on my own truck enough to conclude

that it adds a LEXUS level of precision & Finite air-fuel mixture-metering control option

during Cold Start & Warm up procedure

I copied the spacing & Details of each New Detent from a NOS 40 series Hand Throttle Cable

I plan to incorporate this on All future Choke Cable restorations i do

This MOD is wicked KOOL

View attachment 1854814 View attachment 1854815 View attachment 1854816 View attachment 1854817

All nicely done as usual... and the method of display makes them look like they are museum pieces... which is kinda appropriate! :cheers:

Thanks @imyahucklbrry :)

that's my OEM TEq-Shrine i baptize all my Born-Again parts in , we all know u have one too , don't be shy ...........;)

Installed a key lock on passenger side door of my 40.
What I thought would be a snap turned out to be a bit of a head scratcher.

Reddog90...Your photo reminds me of my beloved Rottweiler "Samantha". Everytime I was in the garage working on the 40 she was there with me under the truck and was very observant. I miss her as she died at 14 of old age. Great photo, Thanks!

Yes, the pic tugged at my heart too. My Golden, Wally liked to sit in the seat of my FJ40 when I was working on it.
I guess he was waiting for the test drive as he loved to ride in the Cruiser.

FB477295-4BA0-4D4A-9854-B15B047C8E2E.jpeg
9185A119-B55B-4DEB-ACBC-9A29DDB7E46D.jpeg
Finally got my factory bows on. Bows are courtesy of @FJ40 MATT. They were in perfect shape— bought his FST doors as well. Thanks Matt!!!! I love the look of the rig with the bows without the doors— ready for a safari!!! As Matt said, it really changes the look of the rig. Drove it this morning and stoped at Balboa Park in San Diego and took these picks— lots of thumbs up and compliments from the general public

Installed the OME springs and shackles on all four corners. One more step in getting things fit up before I blow it all apart for paint (someday). Now if I can just find a reasonably priced birfield front axle (instead of the current ball and claw unit) somewhere in the general neighborhood of southern New Mexico.
IMG_7584.JPG
IMG_7584.JPG
IMG_7585.jpg

Finally got my bent rear springs replaced. I took the small leaf out, but I think I'm going to put it back in. Also, got the doors put back on for winter. She's out of the shop and back in the driveway!! Jennifer drove her to school this morning.

IMG_8060[1].JPG

IMG_8059[1].JPG

IMG_8079[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom