Target carrier (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the cosmos has been trying to tell you that
This pig was born on a full moon and had some sort of Japanese demon buried deep in its core.

Trust me I’m Googling “exorcism near me” right now to see in I can rid myself of this Oni.

I used my little pressure washer to blast the rest of the paint off the hood, looking at how the paint stuck to the small section of original paint where they sanded through the sealer I’m pretty sure now he used a sealer designed for a “wet-on-wet” application and missed his window.

spot.jpg

I always hear The Rolling Stones when @Megadoomer is talking...

This is one of those threads that I read the beginning and the end months ago but not the 85 pages in the middle. Finished reading the middle this morning and there's little to say but Wow! I wish I had those skills, not to mention sense of humor and tenacity. Great resource but even better read.

This is one of those threads that I read the beginning and the end months ago but not the 85 pages in the middle. Finished reading the middle this morning and there's little to say but Wow! I wish I had those skills, not to mention sense of humor and tenacity. Great resource but even better read.

And you know the story isn't over yet. It's like waiting for the next Terminator movie to come out. :)

Hope @OldBeachBob has better luck than I with his RTC paint job.

It's holding up pretty well, but use has been limited because of some work the VA is doing for me. Also remember my paint took 3 years so had plenty of time to "cure". :(

My OCD will not allow me to screw everything back together like Toyota had it with sheet metal screws going through single wall sheet metal and exposed to the elements on the back side.

I’m using closed end nutserts (top) for everything that gets exposed to the elements and open end (bottom) nutserts for all the interior screws.

Jim do you have an online source for the metric closed end nertserts? Thanks

It's holding up pretty well,
Last I heard you needed to bring it back for some repair work, I hope that goes smoothly for you.

You might get lucky. I know we switched from Waste Management to Republic Services for our recycling and waste disposal. RTC is the logical choice to change the paint color on the dumpsters, if he gets the contract he will be too busy to paint anymore cars forcing you to find a better shop!

We are looking to get further outside of the city limits so we spent yesterday looking at acreage up in the hills, found some cool spots but the best part is the paint didn’t blow off the hood again.
11.jpg

One more thing to cross of my list.

22.jpg

Two questions....

What's next with the Target Carrier and did you find the land you wanted?
I’ve been spending all my free time building my toy hauler / motorhome project, trying to get some of the big stuff done before the snow flies. The Target Carrier is working well so now I’m just enjoying not working on it and driving it instead, once I’m done with the motorhome thing I plan to dig back into the pig and redo the interior and do something about the ugly wheels.

We ended up passing on the property, that place was pretty far off grid and the infrastructure required is something I would need to spend more time than I had to try to wrap my head around but at a quick glance it could easily pass one of your $5000 budgets.

I’ve been spending all my free time building my toy hauler / motorhome project, trying to get some of the big stuff done before the snow flies.
Love to see the progress when your ready to share...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom