Target carrier (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good grouping. What cal. ??

It’s basically a 300WSM, the chamber is one I use on my long range short action rifles with hunting bullets in modified loads to fit. We are shooting a Swift Scirocco 165 Gr bullet @ 3360FPS out of a 24” barrel and getting good results out to 1400 yards. I’ll spend a little time tweaking the load and tighten up the groups once we finish breaking the new barrel in.

Um, I don't remember you trying to "buy" the little boy bomb replica. I thought we were going to sneak it out the back?

I tried to buy it first but the sweet little lady behind the counter just smiled and flatly said no. Only after she made it abundantly clear she would not sell me the bomb did I hatch the plan to have you guys distract her while I snuck it out the back door. As you know common sense prevailed and the bomb is not strapped to the top of my land cruiser and still at the museum for everyone to enjoy.

Last edited:
The old lady might have said yes but you were interrupting her solitaire game on the register.

Must of been pre- cracking open the can of whiskey. :)
ecaee8e8b8aee98e10c70dd78d6a27ea--impalas-chevrolet-impala.jpg

I guarantee if it was post whisky I'd be rolling home like this!

We got out to 1450 yards before it got too hot and spotting hits started to get difficult but the Target Carrier worked flawlessly for its intended propose of dragging my junk around.
Sick ,,, i had mine out to 800 over the weekend and was happy to just hit the plate . i am not even close to making a group that tight yet ,

When we were trying to name the first pig party, Summer Sounder had been thrown around.

Washed some of the paint off my hood yesterday.

No I wasn’t using a pressure washer, literally had my thumb on the end of the hose rinsing it off.

IMG_20190709_170446226.jpg

Hope @OldBeachBob has better luck than I with his RTC paint job.

so much for waiting all that time for the paint to be done right.
Luckily if I can call it that this seems to be isolated to just the hood. After the first spot appeared I was chasing it around with the garden hose for a few minutes then grabbed my pressure washer and got busy on the rest of the panels to see how bad this was going to be, for now everything else appears to be tight and the hood is going to be easy to strip and repaint.

Improper prep before paint. I'd wager too smooth of a surface, meaning the new paint doesn't have anything to grab onto.

Wow. What makes that happen??
He sanded the paint I put on then sealed it, most sealers have a time window that you need to apply the top coat and I’m guessing this hood sat around his shop a few months after sealing before he got around to painting it and he was well outside that time window.

Not that big of a deal to me I planned to repaint the hood anyway, just didn’t plan on doing it today.

He sanded the paint I put on then sealed it, most sealers have a time window that you need to apply the top coat and I’m guessing this hood sat around his shop a few months after sealing before he got around to painting it and he was well outside that time window.

Not that big of a deal to me I planned to repaint the hood anyway, just didn’t plan on doing it today.
Time for flat black. You know you want it.

I think the cosmos has been trying to tell you that you are choosing the wrong color. Another color that would suit you is FDE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom