Builds Fly By Night (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will like to see your steps on the double flare. I was not very happy with my initial efforts. Gonna have to get better at that!

Are the coils for cooling or vibration between cab and frame?

Will like to see your steps on the double flare. I was not very happy with my initial efforts. Gonna have to get better at that!

Are the coils for cooling or vibration between cab and frame?

One of my next tool purchases is going to be that Eastwood flaring tool. I’ve used the old school flaring tools with some success, but the end result didn’t end up looking like double flares. You can also get the 37* die set for the Eastwood tool, so that will be handy for when I start laying out some fuel line.

That coiling on those lines is from the factory. Probably to allow for flex between the body and the frame.

One of my next tool purchases is going to be that Eastwood flaring tool. I’ve used the old school flaring tools with some success, but the end result didn’t end up looking like double flares. You can also get the 37* die set for the Eastwood tool, so that will be handy for when I start laying out some fuel line.
After you get the flaring tool you're going to wonder why you never purchased it sooner. It makes flaring so simple and they are perfect every time.

Page 2???

Nice work!

Step me through how to drop the tank, should you ever need to. Looks close?

Page 2??? Huh?

Lots of steps to this tank removal. Before doing anything, take a deep, deep, deepdeepdeep breath, turn on some cool jazz, and clear the mind. You are relaxed, very relaxed. Exhale. Feel the air leaving your body, as well as any and all stress. Feel the muscles on your scalp ease and relax, the gnarled crease on your forehead and miffed, dissatisfied look on your face melts away... deep, deep breath... counting backwards from 10, you slip into a state of greater relaxation with every number.

Got this done today. New rear axle T-fitting bracket carved from a chunk of 2”x1/8” square tubing. One bend, two welds. Plenty of room for everything.

45CBCF3A-3901-4A59-B767-1EC6EC6E290C.jpeg

38FD63D6-BF76-4191-9B9C-146E04901CF5.jpeg

AACFF563-4500-4BE4-B478-B8F0CF700341.jpeg

1D448FB9-02EC-45FA-8891-97DD3AF4B7FB.jpeg

1E4561CD-8C3F-4CCA-9560-376BAB2492E7.jpeg

Page 2??? Huh?

Lots of steps to this tank removal. Before doing anything, take a deep, deep, deepdeepdeep breath, turn on some cool jazz, and clear the mind. You are relaxed, very relaxed. Exhale. Feel the air leaving your body, as well as any and all stress. Feel the muscles on your scalp ease and relax, the gnarled crease on your forehead and miffed, dissatisfied look on your face melts away... deep, deep breath... counting backwards from 10, you slip into a state of greater relaxation with every number.

Is there a bong hit before you turn on the jazz?

For the outside? Honestly, no, I haven’t looked into anything like that yet.
You could do both but I was thinking inside, ethanol fuel of unknown quality could create some funk on the bottom of your tank over time.
Not a big deal but a chromate conversion coating is cheap insurance

If not try not to use brass fittings or plugs to keep the galvanic corrosion to a minimum, no matter what you do that tank will out last the pig your bolting it to so most of this is more about preventing the funk that plugs filters

So far with some net and YouTube searching, best results for the Bonderite type treatment involves a thorough surface cleaning with Alumi-Prep and a Scotch-Brite type pad. That is unless now there’s a hands free method for prepping that I haven’t found...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom