35"+ Tire Roll-call... (200's only) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 3/4" also clear the OEM 2016+ wheels, but there was a post that they don't clear some earlier model year wheels in another thread where the dimples wear not inline with the wheels holes for the studs.

If the dimples (indents) are inline with the wheels holes for the lugs then they fit.

How it going ladies & gentlemen I took the plunge on the 35” Baja boss super happy a very light rub on the front splash guard. The lx570 doesn’t have the kss it uses the ahc so there’s no interference with the sway bar. 💪🏽😎 super happy with the purchase and stance of the truck. No wheel spacer either.

EBDBEBE1-2B77-49B5-9B9D-B02FDFD4DA89.jpeg

2A9AE3C4-F17C-4EE8-899B-B10D9FE49D58.jpeg

8E17FC48-503B-48EE-A227-B90F368F0BF3.jpeg

How it going ladies & gentlemen I took the plunge on the 35” Baja boss super happy a very light rub on the front splash guard. The lx570 doesn’t have the kss it uses the ahc so there’s no interference with the sway bar. 💪🏽😎 super happy with the purchase and stance of the truck. No wheel spacer either.

View attachment 3005520

View attachment 3005521

View attachment 3005522
I have these exact tires ordered for my 200. They look great. I can’t wait for them to come in.

View attachment 3005520

View attachment 3005521

View attachment 3005522

Congrats on getting that beef in there. She's looking good!!

You'll want to watch this area and it's something you'll need to address. The Baja Bosses being an aggressive tire, and 50mm offset, is going to have some pretty bad interference here. It's going to be full stuff with steering dialed where the problem will show up. You can already see the witness marks showing clearly where the issue is and it'll get worse with more compression.

Here's some potential ideas and solutions:

1652225300302.png

Congrats on getting that beef in there. She's looking good!!

You'll want to watch this area and it's something you'll need to address. The Baja Bosses being an aggressive tire, and 50mm offset, is going to have some pretty bad interference here. It's going to be full stuff with steering dialed where the problem will show up. You can already see the witness marks showing clearly where the issue is and it'll get worse with more compression.

Here's some potential ideas and solutions:

View attachment 3005544
Thanks I figured that there was going to be some grinding since those Baja boss the side bitters are huge! I was biting my nails cause I thought for sure it was going to rub on the UCA. It when the guy placed the tire I put my hand in the back before he lowered the truck. That was a relief that I was able to drive it home to start the other modifications. But in super happy with this mod. I’m definitely doing the uca mod on mine. 💪🏽😎 I’ll post pictures when completed. 🍺. I happy that I didn’t have to do the body mount mod. I wanted to keep it as sock as possible. At least that part of the frame.

Thanks I figured that there was going to be some grinding since those Baja boss the side bitters are huge! I was biting my nails cause I thought for sure it was going to rub on the UCA. It when the guy placed the tire I put my hand in the back before he lowered the truck. That was a relief that I was able to drive it home to start the other modifications. But in super happy with this mod. I’m definitely doing the uca mod on mine. 💪🏽😎 I’ll post pictures when completed. 🍺. I happy that I didn’t have to do the body mount mod. I wanted to keep it as sock as possible. At least that part of the frame.

My 295/70/18's rubbed the sway bar quite a bit an almost ripped the front of the rocker off leaving the discount tire even with a 1" spacer. I'd be shocked if yours don't rub under flex/reverse. I'm frankly astonished that you fit a 12.5" wide tire on 50mm offset! Be sure to flex it out.

I think most UCAs have a good chance at fixing the clearance there. If I'm staring at them right, they generally have their structure well above the ball joint. Whereas the stock ball joint is nested deep into the structure.

Also note that because UCA generally try to correct for caster, they do so by locating the upper link further rearward. That's kind of the opposite of what you want, meaning you want both UCA and LCA to move the tire as forward as possible, to clear the body mount. Ideally, the UCA will be about stock geometry, and you'll want to have the LCA adjusted forward to achieve the right caster, as this configuration buys the most clearance against the bodymount. Something like the SPC probably gives you the most choice to get that combination.

Hope that made sense.

View attachment 3005520

View attachment 3005521

View attachment 3005522

Don’t forget that the real clearance test comes under compression in a turn…especially hard compression at speed that can *dramatically* change what hits as your suspension and bump stops engage to their limits.

Its *not* the same as full compression while still. Vehicle weight and its downward force at speed is crazy high & NOT easy to fully test because its hard to replicate short of taking the actual hard hits. Sooo… Really need to build in some leeway to be sure you avoid serious stuff.

Last edited:
Don’t forget that the real clearance test comes under compression in a turn…especially hard compression at speed that can *dramatically* change what hits as your suspension and bump stops engage to their limits.

Its *not* the same as full compression while still. Vehicle weight and its downward force at speed is crazy high & so easy to fully test because its hard to replicate short of taking the actual hard hits. Sooo… Really need to build in some leeway to be sure you avoid serious stuff.
I think this is so important to consider for all. It’s impossible to replicate what tires do when you’re wheeling hard in your driveway.

Anyone can put 35s on and drive around on pavement. When you push the truck the problems arise.

I think this is so important to consider for all. It’s impossible to replicate what tires do when you’re wheeling hard in your driveway.

Anyone can put 35s on and drive around on pavement. When you push the truck the problems arise.

Exactly. 👍🏼

PS. I just corrected a bad mistake in my cautionary oost… Meant tosay “NOT so easy” to test…but the “NOT” was missing in one instance. Bottom line…even with much smaller tires (like the narrower 34’s I downsized to since wheeling 35’s for several years)… hard-wheeling—and even just unexpectedly deep dips at desert speed…or landing hard at the bottom of a fast bank or dune at speed can shove tires places you never thought tgey’d compress to.

👍🏼

Last edited:
I wonder if problems will arise 🤔
E90D3F98-4F71-42A2-90D3-90C04E3AB194.jpeg

I just can’t cut any further back than the door hinge, otherwise it can all go away up to that point 😉

Last edited:
Thanks for making us all feel inadequate :flipoff2:

I guess I can join the club. 285/75r18 Terra Grapplers. I don't love the look and I'll probably go wider, and possibly move down to a 17" wheel whenever these wear out. Good deal on CL is how I ended up with this. No lift, just rearranging the plastic liners around the front tires. 1" bora spacers.

20220419_161341-jpg.2987028

20220419_161350-jpg.2987029

I wonder if problems will arise 🤔
View attachment 3006117
I just can’t cut any further back than the door hinge, otherwise it can all go up to that point 😉
Does the fendor bolt on and off or are there some spot welds to drill out?

Does the fendor bolt on and off or are there some spot welds to drill out?
Fender unbolts pretty simply. Just need to create a new bottom attachment point since that’s now been cut off. Nutsert and new angled support leg should work.

One of my hesitations in going to larger and larger tires has been towing performance and stability. Especially when towing or exceeding the upper end of factory capacity. Can share that she still tows with confidence. Re-gearing with 4.3s correcting to practically stock gearing, bigger Tundra brakes to correct leverage and increase heat capacity, with minimal lift and offsets to keep as much factory geometry as possible.

My trailer is lifted 2" and use to drawf the LX. At least in presence. With 35s, not so much. The 33s did tow with a tad more stability, but I think that was as much just having less sidewall. I inflate the 35s about 8PSI more for towing which gets me back some stability. I would say the 20" wheels, especially in larger and larger tire diameters, is pretty key to maintaining stable towing performance.

Now @MTKID has me wondering if she can tow well with 37s?

1652293360892.png

One of my hesitations in going to larger and larger tires has been towing performance and stability. Especially when towing or exceeding the upper end of factory capacity. Can share that she still tows with confidence. Re-gearing with 4.3s correcting to practically stock gearing, bigger Tundra brakes to correct leverage and increase heat capacity, with minimal lift and offsets to keep as much factory geometry as possible.

My trailer is lifted 2" and use to drawf the LX. At least in presence. With 35s, not so much. The 33s did tow with a tad more stability, but I think that was as much just having less sidewall. I inflate the 35s about 8PSI more for towing which gets me back some stability. I would say the 20" wheels, especially in larger and larger tire diameters, is pretty key to maintaining stable towing performance.

Now @MTKID has me wondering if she can tow well with 37s?

View attachment 3006151

As I’m sure you know, larger (or smaller) tires basically act as their own quasi “re-gear” and the effects are inescapable without a corresponding actual gearing change. And… as usual, its a matter of degree…where subjective thoughts on what constitutes an acceptable compromise.

So as usual, the only sure answer is…

“It depends…” :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom