200 series best highway tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would guess size and cost. Slighter larger diameter for $120 less.
at Tire Rack...
275/65R18 (32.1" did) at $286 ea for M/S. That size not available in M/S2, yet.
285/60R18 (31.4" dia) at $316 ea for M/S2. Size not available in M/S

Been using LT285/70/17E Def Ltx ms2s for about 2 months+-. Perfect tire for this truck for all around comfort, performance, mpg and durability - for all those not hitting mud bogs on the weekends.

Post pics when mounted please. I have really like the new sidewall design in person (on 25 mm offset that is) much more than expected.

Why not factory size,285/60/18 ? Genuinely curious as I’m about to replace shoes in the ne. T week and 285/60 18s is what it has from the factory
I just replaced shoes going from 285/60/18 to 275/65/18. Overall there is little other difference. But the former are IMHO just look fat and squatty. For my driving the slightly taller ~.6" and slightly narrower ~.4" is better for snow.

Been using LT285/70/17E Def Ltx ms2s for about 2 months+-. Perfect tire for this truck for all around comfort, performance, mpg and durability - for all those not hitting mud bogs on the weekends.

Post pics when mounted please. I have really like the new sidewall design in person (on 25 mm offset that is) much more than expected.

This is the size I’ve been considering too, but I’ve been afraid that LT load E would be too stiff. Especially considering the higher recommended PSI. What tires did you have before these?

This is the size I’ve been considering too, but I’ve been afraid that LT load E would be too stiff. Especially considering the higher recommended PSI. What tires did you have before these?
Conti AT P275/65/18. Great tires. Liking these just as much and a bit more I think. Still early. Check that thread link above - lots of feedback in there from me and many others.

Conti AT P275/65/18. Great tires. Liking these just as much and a bit more I think. Still early. Check that thread link above - lots of feedback in there from me and many others.

Good to hear. I'd be making the switch from P-metric to LT too. I've been worried that the LT ride would be too harsh.

Good to hear. I'd be making the switch from P-metric to LT too. I've been worried that the LT ride would be too harsh.
It's very much a subjective thing. I couldn't stand LTs with their higher required pressures on my stock-suspension cruiser, but other people prefer it.

I ran two different sets of Michelin LTX Defender 275/70R18 E-rated tires years ago on my 2013. I loved the way they felt on the road and didn't see anynoticeable change in acceleration. Truck medium loaded on average (75 qt Yeti in the back with other tools, stock suspension). Considering going this way again with the newer generation of Defenders. Need to consider sizes available now, as they are different from when I had mine. I will probably go E-rated again. Just had such great luck with them the last two times.

It's very much a subjective thing. I couldn't stand LTs with their higher required pressures on my stock-suspension cruiser, but other people prefer it.

I wonder what you would think with perhaps a different model LT and a more reasonable interpretation of inflation pressure?

I know the question is about highway tires, but I gotta say running the LTX A/T (275/65/18) seems to be the best of both worlds. These run nice and quiet, don’t look aggressive, but have A/t capabilities (though I haven’t put the latter to a serious test yet). They were on the truck when I got it, and I might just stick with them while its my daily

IMG_6424.jpeg

I wonder what you would think with perhaps a different model LT and a more reasonable interpretation of inflation pressure?

While I agree there is room to interpret rctip I see a really complex interplay of factors that I’m not qualified to try to dial in. Sure, I’d come off the official pressure a couple PSI, but much more and I’d get uncomfortable. Which is just to say.. I don’t think we’d get into a place where it would make a significant difference.

Plus, the mileage would suck even more than switching to fully inflated LTs.

Why not factory size,285/60/18 ? Genuinely curious as I’m about to replace shoes in the ne. T week and 285/60 18s is what it has from the factory
For me weight was key. I didn't want heavy tires/and wheels. Thus I went a bit narrower one I found, which is the right weight for me.

I would personally prefer 245s as they run on 200s in ROW, but this time around I didn't go that narrow.

I would personally prefer 245s as they run on 200s in ROW, but this time around I didn't go that narrow.

ROW 200s are often significantly lower horsepower and lighter than in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom