Cruise Moab roll call (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We'll be there this year with the '15 LX570!! I'll miss doing the fun stuff with the 80 but Moab is always a good time.

Will be there leading trails again in the '10 LX570! Can't wait!

I am also leading the Pre-Run March 15-17 for anyone interested in leading trails at this CM or a future CM!

Trail signup starts tomorrow. For those going, what trails are y'all hoping to do?

Gonna try and run Hells, Golden Spike, and then something for the views

Hoping on Hells Revenge on Thursday, Kane Creek on Friday (in an 80), and Arches or Chicken Corners on Saturday.

If anyone wants to do Fins N Things Tuesday or Wednesday, it would be fun to get a small group together for a pre CM run.

I have done the Hells run the last few years on Thursday with Matt. Hope to be able to do it again this year. Wife is coming this year for the first time so the other runs will be some mild scenic runs. Had to cancel at the last minute last year so looking forward to this year.

Last year I did Top of the World, Fins, and Poison Spider. I enjoyed all of them, but I'm not sure I want to repeat them. Any particular must-do's in that difficulty range? Porcupine and Hell's Revenge maybe? I'd say 4-6 on the scale is a no brainer, 7 seems fine with the caveat that I like my glass and steel intact. Plastic bumpers are free to be beaten. Added gears and lockers for this year, last year was stock gears (not great descending with almost-35's) and ATRAC only.

Last year I did Top of the World, Fins, and Poison Spider. I enjoyed all of them, but I'm not sure I want to repeat them. Any particular must-do's in that difficulty range? Porcupine and Hell's Revenge maybe? I'd say 4-6 on the scale is a no brainer, 7 seems fine with the caveat that I like my glass and steel intact. Plastic bumpers are free to be beaten. Added gears and lockers for this year, last year was stock gears (not great descending with almost-35's) and ATRAC only.
I think I’m in the same boat at you. I’d like to avoid body damage, so 7 is questionable to me… unless I man up and decide to run Poison Spider/Golden Spike/Golden Crack/Gold Bar Rim as I think one part of that is a 7.

Im hoping to sign up for Hells Revenge on Thursday, thinking JAX Trax on Friday, Saturday I'm hoping to check out White Wash sand dunes.

I'm set for Hells on Thursday, the Golden Spike trifecta on Friday (Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim), and Dome Plateau on Saturday. I went back and forth between Dome Plateau and Elephant Hill but ultimately decided as much as I wanted to squeeze my 200 through EH I didn't want Saturday to be an extremely long day since I'm driving back home Sunday/Monday.

Registered for Kokopelli for Monday-Wednesday but I probably will end up bailing on that. Was talking to a couple other guys on the forum who aren't doing CM this year about doing our own pre-CM trail run(s)... maybe Elephant Hill and Lockhart Basin, maybe Hole in the Rock, or maybe something else that CM won't run at the same time. Keeping Kokopelli as a fallback in the event the pre-CM fun falls through

I'm set for Hells on Thursday, the Golden Spike trifecta on Friday (Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim), and Dome Plateau on Saturday. I went back and forth between Dome Plateau and Elephant Hill but ultimately decided as much as I wanted to squeeze my 200 through EH I didn't want Saturday to be an extremely long day since I'm driving back home Sunday/Monday.

Registered for Kokopelli for Monday-Wednesday but I probably will end up bailing on that. Was talking to a couple other guys on the forum who aren't doing CM this year about doing our own pre-CM trail run(s)... maybe Elephant Hill and Lockhart Basin, maybe Hole in the Rock, or maybe something else that CM won't run at the same time. Keeping Kokopelli as a fallback in the event the pre-CM fun falls through

Looks like we’ll be riding together Thursday and Friday! Doing 3D for the views Saturday

I'm signed up for 3D on Thursday, leading Wipeout Hill again on Friday... open at this point Saturday. Looking forward to seeing more of the 200 crew here, come track me down at vendor night if you don't see me elsewhere, I'm camping on top of the 40 trailer at the arena so should be easy to find! 🍻

I made it in the Thursday run of Hells Revenge, Porcupine Rim on Friday, and Jax Trax on Saturday.
I wanted to sign up for Golden Spike but 5:30 in the morning is a little early. I'll be doing some trails on Wednesday after Tech check in, and will post them up if anyone wants to join.
Can't wait.

Gunning 3D on Thursday
Wipe Out Hill Friday
Leading Fins on Saturday (Early 8AM run)

Likely be there Monday evening for a Tuesday run to most anyplace. White Rim Canyon (Partial) one year was fun

For those who have done golden spike and the rest of that trail, what’s the likelihood of taking damage? That 7 rating makes me a bit nervous I have to admit

Just ask for a spot if you get concerned with an obstacle. Sliders are a must

Waiting list for Weds evening Chicken Corners.
Thursday Hell's Revenge (looks like a lot of us will be on that!)
Friday - 3D
Saturday - Kane Creek

For those who have done golden spike and the rest of that trail, what’s the likelihood of taking damage? That 7 rating makes me a bit nervous I have to admit

I was in an 80 last time I ran it, but there were 2 100 series in that run. There are a lot of "optional" lines so just put a similar wheel base length vehicle in front of you and watch how they do. Easy on the throttle, this is not a trail to explode a CV on.

The "waterfall" towards the exit, with the built in winch point will definitely require some winching, but I don't remember any crazy squeezes that could cause body damage. Maybe a V crack that could crunch a side if you slipped. Bring lunch, dinner, flashlights, and warm clothes in case it is a really late run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom