200 series best highway tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FWIW If you have a Big-O you like they are currently running their buy 4 get one free offer.
Just make sure to check all your lug nuts if you get tires at Big-O. They’ve returned my wife’s vehicle with 5 loose lug nuts and left the caster/camber gauge attached to one wheel, only to call us asking for it back.

I’ve heard other horror stories related to Big-O and not tightening lug nuts.

Placed an order w tire rack, looks like im gonna be on back order for a few weeks… thanks everyone! Went with the 18s - XL. Looking forward to it!

Lol: Cons: Does not look cool for your cars and coffee events

I guess the reason i was initially hesitant was i had read so much good about these tires off road that I assumed they would be loud on the highway or at least louder than something else. I currently hate the kumho exctas i have because they are kinda loud on the highway. Seems like the defenders while maybe not being the quietest tire are generally not a loud tire either. Excited to have some capability though, would like to try out a bit of easy wheeling next summer.

Appreciate this topic string - pushed me over the decision line. Ordered Defender LTX MS2 275/65/18 and having them installed on Saturday. I'm sure I could squeeze another 10-15k miles out of the OEM Dunlops but I really dislike them (loud, squeely and slippery). I'm looking forward to my new shoes!

Seth
'21 LC200

Lol: Cons: Does not look cool for your cars and coffee events

I guess the reason i was initially hesitant was i had read so much good about these tires off road that I assumed they would be loud on the highway or at least louder than something else. I currently hate the kumho exctas i have because they are kinda loud on the highway. Seems like the defenders while maybe not being the quietest tire are generally not a loud tire either. Excited to have some capability though, would like to try out a bit of easy wheeling next summer.
Yes. They aren't silent, but for what they do off-road and in the snow (apparently, I haven't tested mine yet) they are very, very quiet.

Hard to find Defenders where I am; Primacy SUV has worked great for me for the past 30k miles or so

Wife's 2020 MDX......great all around.
This sort of brings up another question… since my wife took the LX, i am dailying her car atm and it also needs tires. 2007 RX 400h. Do i put defenders on that too? It does not go offroad. Any non defender suggestions for a small old SUV? Or - talk me into putting the same tires on both…

This sort of brings up another question… since my wife took the LX, i am dailying her car atm and it also needs tires. 2007 RX 400h. Do i put defenders on that too? It does not go offroad. Any non defender suggestions for a small old SUV? Or - talk me into putting the same tires on both…
Any Michelin that fits, tire rack reviews are great for getting a really broad “average joe” perspective.

I’ve got defenders on every truck:car that sees the open road from my house. I don’t know that I can offer a stronger endorsement.

I steered a coworker to put the defenders (22”) on his 2021 RST 1500 Chevy Silverado, thanked me a bunch of times saying how great they are.

My LX and GX have Defenders, my LS and RX have CrossClmate 2’s. Love the CrossClimates as well…they’re so quiet and the ride is really smooth.

The CrossClimates have a treadwear rating of 640. If you’re after maximum tread life, there’s a version of the Defender for cars too…it’s called the Defender 2 or something along those lines. It was available in the OEM 20” size for my wife’s 2018 RX.

My LX and GX have Defenders, my LS and RX have CrossClmate 2’s. Love the CrossClimates as well…they’re so quiet and the ride is really smooth.

The CrossClimates have a treadwear rating of 640. If you’re after maximum tread life, there’s a version of the Defender for cars too…it’s called the Defender 2 or something along those lines. It was available in the OEM 20” size for my wife’s 2018 RX.
And i thought i was crazy with 2 Lexuses… damn!

My local mechanic runs crossclimates as well and had good things to say. Might go w those just to mix it up. Thanks for the reply.

our RX has the Yoko Geolanders and our LS have the Michelin Primacy.

Are the Defender M/S 2 (that came out this year) already consensus better tire than the old OGs?
Wish they offered more sizes in the new one.

I don;t know if they are better (still waiting for mine) but there are supposed to be about 52 sizes within the next few months.
Not trying to brag but mine got here and put on yesterday… ordered from Tire Rack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom