Cruise Moab roll call (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the waterfall at the end of Golden Spike.

53591770353_acc55979fa_b.jpg

And this turned the run from "ahead of schedule" to 2am finish at the same spot. Hence the recommendation for extra food, water, and clothing.

53591562176_bffacc5566_b.jpg

53590690867_214f064c5a_b.jpg

I get in sometime Wednesday evening, so no trails that day. Hell's on Thursday for sure. Vendor night for sure. Beyond that I'm signed up for Porcupine on Friday and Sevenmile Rim on Saturday, but neither of those are firm plans and every year so far I've called a last minute audible on Friday and/or Saturday both. I'll be in the 80 this year, but sounds like Hell's on Thursday will be a lot of 200s again and a good roster of drivers. Looking forward to it all.

Sounds like Hell's Revenge on Thursday will be an almost total 200 takeover, I think I got the last spot. Wipeout Hill on Friday. I'm thinking Porcupine Rim on Saturday but I could be convinced to do something else.

Public Service Announcement.
Start exercising your transfer cases.
One of the few advantages of the 100 series over the 200s.

Just discovered a problem with my front driver brake caliper and rotor. At the dealership now. Hoping I can get it fixed tomorrow. Was planing on leaving for Moab on Sunday. Fingers crossed I don't get delayed.

I’m bringing a trailer with me because I don’t want to go deaf riding 37s from Florida, so I’ve got space. Just swapped from ARB skids to budbuilt ones - if anybody wants/knows someone who could use the ARBs, I’ll bring them and they’re yours for a case of PBR.

I’m bringing a trailer with me because I don’t want to go deaf riding 37s from Florida, so I’ve got space. Just swapped from ARB skids to budbuilt ones - if anybody wants/knows someone who could use the ARBs, I’ll bring them and they’re yours for a case of PBR.
Heh. If you bring them, I'll take you up on them if I destroy my Asfir skids this week. The Asfir ones are OK but I've dented two already. They're (mostly) re-flattened but a couple good rock hits could render them to the recycling bin.

(But don't hold them for me or feel obligated to bring them just for me)

cool, i planned a trip to Moab months ago. I didn't realize it's Cruise Moab week. Will be fun to see a bunch of LCs down there to dilute the usual concentration of Jeeps. If you see a white 200 travelling with a Rubicon (my brother) be sure to do something impressive to help me convince him he needs to sell his Chrysler product and get into an LC.

Last edited:
Heh. If you bring them, I'll take you up on them if I destroy my Asfir skids this week. The Asfir ones are OK but I've dented two already. They're (mostly) re-flattened but a couple good rock hits could render them to the recycling bin.

(But don't hold them for me or feel obligated to bring them just for me)

I'll toss them in there, rather have somebody put them to good use than just take up wasted space in my garage!

Brakes are fixed and I will now be able to leave for Moab on Sunday without delay. Todd at Napelton's Toyota in Urbana, IL did a fast turnaround on getting the parts for my 200. Will be in Moab some time on Tuesday.

I thought from your first post you were towing your LC on a trailer, not carrying your 37" tires in the trailer.

That's what I thought too!

Truck is loaded as of last night. Gassed up today, finished packing a few things. Picking up a friend of mine tomorrow morning and planning to be in Grand Junction Sunday evening to camp around Rabbit Valley as that’s where the Kokopelli run starts on Monday. See the rest of y’all at the Spanish Trail Arena on Wednesday

Truck is loaded as of last night. Gassed up today, finished packing a few things. Picking up a friend of mine tomorrow morning and planning to be in Grand Junction Sunday evening to camp around Rabbit Valley as that’s where the Kokopelli run starts on Monday. See the rest of y’all at the Spanish Trail Arena on Wednesday

I suggest this spot in that area. Camped there last year before CM: 39.13876, -109.02661. and give yourself enough time to hit Colorado National Monument as well.

8BF82135-21EE-462D-BD14-02ED0487933C_1_102_o.jpeg

Had to do one last meeting at camp before shutting down for the week. Best zoom background ever.
6052D980-970C-4807-AD8A-23D5DFA027B6_1_105_c.jpeg

Love camping in the 200:

996ED84F-29DB-44B6-AF89-8721EFD20AC4_1_102_o.jpeg

Getting excited! @JohnJB is meeting me in PHX on Tuesday and we are driving up in the 80 on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully y'all will still talk to me even though I'm not in the 200 this year. Also, @linuxgod I'll be tracking your journey on APRS so don't forget to get that beacon, beaconing!

Last edited:
Potash Rd, Shafer Trail, & White Rim Road is a nice trail. Permit is required.

Last edited:
I suggest this spot in that area. Camped there last year before CM: 39.13876, -109.02661. and give yourself enough time to hit Colorado National Monument as well.

View attachment 3606216

Had to do one last meeting at camp before shutting down for the week. Best zoom background ever.
View attachment 3606217

Love camping in the 200:

View attachment 3606218

Getting excited! @JohnJB is meeting me in PHX on Tuesday and we are driving up in the 80 on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully y'all will still talk to me even though I'm not in the 200 this year. Also, @linuxgod I'll be tracking your journey on APRS so don't forget to get that beacon, beaconing!
Fantastic spot!

View attachment 3606216

View attachment 3606217

Love camping in the 200:

View attachment 3606218

I’m beaconing. Stopped for the night in Fort Morgan.

Potash Rd, Shafer Trail, & White Rim Road is a nice trail. Permit is required.
FYI - Permit is only required for white rim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom