What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

got my Blackstone report back. Happy with the results!

This was 5,000 miles on Rotella t6 5w-40 with a small toyota filter

Som1LJj.png

I followed this guys build, i belive he has a build thread on here somewherw also , did the same thing and amazingly turned out really good i can drive 80mph down the freeway no problem whatsoever ditched the sway bar , id say with 37s thats a good flex there
I don't think he has any flex issue that he has had from months back...

A buddy of mine (our sons play baseball together) works for SafeLite. I texted him. He's got the glass on order for me. $470 installed. They won't have the glass until Monday though.

I checked salvage and the only 80 Series that has been salvaged in eastern Iowa in the past 6 years doesn't have the rear glass. It was a 92 that @Dudleyfj40 and I picked clean. But the hatch glass went to someone else...

Dipsh!t kids! (Not my son but the kid that broke the window!)

Fortunately, there are cameras. The school got the license plate of the car the kid got out of. The principal is going to squeeze the kid tomorrow. If not the school police officer will get involved.

The ANF sticker is America Needs Farmers. The other sticker is a Cougar, my son's school mascot. Yes, they stole the logo from Kansas State.

See if your Safelite guy can get you just the glass. May be half the cost of the installed price, and just put it in yourself. That's what we did with Safelite, bought just the glass, reused the gasket, and popped it right in after watching a youtube video. Took 10 minutes to do and very simple. This was on our 60, but I cant imagine it would be that different on the 80. We actually installed all the fixed glass in the 60 with this simple string method I learned on YouTube. Just a suggestion.
IMG_4915.JPG

IMG_4927.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG

Got my PHH bypass, FHH and heater control valve replaced. I also replaced all three radiator hoses with new OEM hoses and some Toyota red coolant. I had a wicked leak from the power steering system so I also replaced the three low pressure power steering hoses. Mine were so stiff and cracky. I got the PHH bypass kit, FHH and power steering lines from PHHkit.com and they worked great and were delivered in a couple of days. Great experience with that vendor.

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

See if your Safelite guy can get you just the glass. May be half the cost of the installed price, and just put it in yourself. That's what we did with Safelite, bought just the glass, reused the gasket, and popped it right in after watching a youtube video. Took 10 minutes to do and very simple. This was on our 60, but I cant imagine it would be that different on the 80. We actually installed all the fixed glass in the 60 with this simple string method I learned on YouTube. Just a suggestion.
View attachment 1553628
View attachment 1553630
View attachment 1553629

That sounds tempting... thanks!

Why are you replacing the dust shield? I'm doing my rebuild right now and cleaning the dust shield while I wait for new studs. It's taking longer then I thought, bout to give up.
I'm not replacing them. I just cleaned them up pretty good. Spent about 8 hrs scrubbing all the parts clean.

Had a great LC weekend with an impromptu overnigher into the Cascades. Just had wrapped up phase IV and thought it would be nice to escape. I had installed a 150a alternator with a @Photoman bracket. Awesome little piece of engineering.. worked flawlessly. My aux battery is a Northstar 27m and my starter battery is now a Northstar 27F. Completing this project gives me an outstanding charge system. Monitoring the charge rate with the IBS monitor and a Fluke when I had the opportunity to have the hood open.. showed a virtually instant recharge after starting. Bottom line excellent system now in place.

My Jeep louvered panel was installed during Phase IV and came out very nice if I say so myself. I will write up the project at my first free opportunity. I can easily say the louvers are a HUGE asset to keeping the engine and engine bay cool. Would spend the money and time again in a hot second now knowing that I have an additional defroster on cold days. A huge amount of hot air passes out of those slots!

The overnight was grand and the view in the morning was worth it!

full

full

I guess I was thinking salvage like @arcteryx in that state you hate.............

I was just at the local pick n pull (Wilmington NC) and there was a perfect rear hatch complete with glass! Not a damn thing else left on it, but the rear hatch and glass.&

This happened today...

View attachment 1553367

Just the motivation I need to cut all that ugliness off the back, and get to building a better rear bumper/tire carrier.

View attachment 1553368

Really surprised that setup held up as long as it did, honestly.
That spindle looks small compared to a lot of them I see. I new one will likely be a good upgrade, but you might consider a double shear design? I have used a number of swingout hinges from www.Comp4x4.com They have several nice ones to choose from.

Discovered Jones Pass in Colorado. Incredible!

D507F35D-B7DA-43A1-A093-621FAEDB0134.jpeg
122200EE-EAC0-48C2-95F3-1B006DCE0FDB.jpeg
3B2E9B0D-B655-46EE-8033-A55F4071F1FF.jpeg
1D19C830-5195-4825-B7AE-44D0B4D0B999.jpeg

Discovered incredible trail by Fraser.

E00E3508-BF01-448E-8E0B-9BCE3DE79046.jpeg
5B59BD80-01F3-4AEB-84C1-439D8FD484CC.jpeg
9F35885C-B341-4361-BCFD-AC5F244AD819.jpeg
F73AD0E1-FFA5-44CC-8C83-7719FB82F5FC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom