What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Knuckle rebuild time. Knew it was coming and glad to have a roof over my head. Puts a bit more positive outlook on maintenance when I now have room to get it done.
1010171957.jpg
1009171319a.jpg

My 16 yr old son just started driving to school last week. He called me after school today. When he came out after school this is what he found.

Rule #1: Don't FAWK with another man's car!

I've never had to replace any glass on my 80s. Is rear glass hard to come by? Expensive? Anything to look for/worry about?

View attachment 1553218

I am down here in KC. I have a rear upper tailgate with glass I would sell.

Shoot me a pm if interested.

This happened today...

IMG_20171011_122524_184.jpg

Just the motivation I need to cut all that ugliness off the back, and get to building a better rear bumper/tire carrier.

IMG_20171011_115319_010.jpg

Really surprised that setup held up as long as it did, honestly.

Knuckle rebuild time. Knew it was coming and glad to have a roof over my head. Puts a bit more positive outlook on maintenance when I now have room to get it done.View attachment 1553300 View attachment 1553301

Why are you replacing the dust shield? I'm doing my rebuild right now and cleaning the dust shield while I wait for new studs. It's taking longer then I thought, bout to give up.

That musta been a noisy break.

It sounded like my Detroit unloaded, but I knew that wasn't the case because I was 20 miles into highway drive at 60 mph. Thankfully the swing out stayed on the bumper. Otherwise it would have been 200 lbs of danger, flopping down the highway. :doh:

Damn what spindle was that, that broke in half??

Not sure what spindle it was. Was on my 80 when I bought it. Wheeled hard, and daily driven the last couple years, but I knew it was only a matter of time. I used a hitch pin on the other end, so it would have something strong enough to hold the carrier on, if the spindle broke. Luckily, it worked.

I see a lot of wrong suggestions being given to you @LS1FJ40
Dude, you work at Lowes. Employee discount!!!
Duct tape, should I say more?

Look at the part out section of this forum.

I am down here in KC. I have a rear upper tailgate with glass I would sell.

Shoot me a pm if interested.

I would think about doing it myself but I'm out of country until Saturday night. I don't want to or have time to deal with it. Thanks though.

Damn, that sucks! I have back glass, but, I have a driving one to school also.

It's all good. I don't have time to do it anyway. I'll get back in town late Saturday night. Be jet lagged AF then have a FULL work schedule waiting for me when I get back. Then have to go to Jacksonville, IL next weekend for my son's baseball.

Sometimes it's just easier to pay someone to do things. As much as I hate doing it. My 93 is sitting at my buddies shop getting rear rotors, pads, and emergency brake shoes put on it. No time!

That sucks I am kind of interested in this it looks like it is still available from Toyota MSRP is around $650 I am curious if aftermarket is an option.

That sucks!

You could do salvage also if needed.

Is that a Kansas State PowerCat sticker on that glass? You're in the wrong stare for it.....

Otherwise call Safelite Auto Glass.

I just had to replace my rear slider, I called safelite and got a quote for $890.00. I called a local glass company and they got it done for $160.00. Shop around safelite is a rip off.

Not quite the weekend yet but went to gather some firewood a few miles from my house after work yesterday. Also an excuse to exercise the new to me Husqvarna 365 Special.

Cruiser was loaded, not quite to the bump stops but I could tell the old springs are getting worked.

upload_2017-10-12_8-29-50.png

upload_2017-10-12_8-31-9.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom