What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On the one pictured it was an American Racing wheel. All of the Land Cruisers over here run a wide wheel/tire combo. There are a lot of mud bogs and snow so I'm guessing that is why.

Have you seen the Cruisers with the super wide Tires, and the HUGE front and rear stingers yet? They are bad ass looking. They run them across the glaciers and the stingers keep them from falling down a crevasse to nowhere! A little too insane for me! Great country up there though..... enjoy!

I need to do this. Been playing with bosses mag mounts, they have held everything great so far.

I use a single mag mount to hold my 10” tablet. I’ve yet to have it fall or even go crooked.

Correct. It was an LJ. I didn't clarify that. I had an LJ71. I enjoyed it and never had any issues with the motor (or overheating). I know plenty of people that have had issues with the 2LT/2LT-E. Granted mine only had 85k km on it. I personally like the solid axle with cool springs and think it's kind of funny they are deemed "light duty".

Alas it's a moot point. His dad doesn't want to sell it. And I wanted it for nothing anyway...

IMG_4442.JPG
That's not a BJ70, but rather the light duty version of the 70-series. The one on your photo is an LJ70, and depending on the year it might have an LT or 2LT engine. There are several differences of the light duty and heavy duty versions of the 70-series. If you are serious about buying one, I would read into some of the modifications people make to the LT variation engines to prevent overheating issues (intercooler for example).

Gotta give us some details on that 3 link :cheers:

I followed this guys build, i belive he has a build thread on here somewherw also , did the same thing and amazingly turned out really good i can drive 80mph down the freeway no problem whatsoever ditched the sway bar , id say with 37s thats a good flex there

I followed this guys build, i belive he has a build thread on here somewherw also , did the same thing and amazingly turned out really good i can drive 80mph down the freeway no problem whatsoever ditched the sway bar , id say with 37s thats a good flex there

"Actionjackson" build thread

The current patrol is a nissan armada/infiniti qx whatever it is now, but in other countries they extend the life of the designs. Those patrols in the picture you put are badass. Too bad the american market doesnt get all the options they get in other markets.
They come with a choice of motors in the Y61, the petrol TB48 isn't bad, a bit thirsty but you lot are used to that anyway. The diesels on the other hand are plagued by reliability issues, the TD42 otherwise known as the kettle, and the ZD30 otherwise known as the grenade. The Y62 was only available as a V8 petrol, and sold miserably here as a result. They are also butt ugly
FB_IMG_1493380221205.jpg
FB_IMG_1466164763075.jpg

I would trade my LC for a Patrol Y61 and not look back.

Because we did not have them imported here it does not make them less capable.
Less capable, maybe, less reliable with a diesel motor, definitely

"Actionjackson" build thread

Woah there is a name from the past.... Funny if you look at the dates on those posts. AJ was doing all the stuff guys are just now catching up to "40's and 3links" 5-10yrs ago.... Going off that curve we should be pushing 53's by now.

Too bad he baught a moon buggie and was never heard from again :-(

-A

changed my waterpump/alt belts figured out the vast majority of my T.E.R.P. is coming from the power steering pump area.

what is T.E.R.P. you ask

Toyota
Engineered
Rust
Preventative

aka

oil leaks

will be tackling valve cover gasket later on.

Maybe @Booger weldz he would run PCH on 37's while chasing BMW's ......so claimed before he rolled it.

Worked on a set of birfs that was purchased from witsend!

Parts were very high quality and received them ultra fast and took the whole day installing them and cleaning my axle housing and knuckles

Thanks Joey!!!
@NLXTACY y
IMG_1866.JPG
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1868.JPG

Drove to Faulkner Toyota in Harrisburg to look at a 1997 80 series. Pretty clean overall and relatively rust free undercarriage. Someone either took good care of it or it isn't from here. No price yet as they haven't inspected and detailed it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom