What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20171009_192338_764.jpg

Visited Young AZ, somewhere in between a ghost town and Deliverance, but...surrounded by beautiful forest in the middle of AZ. Interesting place and yes, they had a winery with an anti-gov't stay away militia as long as we get food stamps and welfare money to buy more ammo and my wife is my cousin and you noticed the confederate flag next to my giant satellite TV dish in my yard...vibe. View attachment 1552632 View attachment 1552633 .

I just spit water across the room! Another classic zonaism!

I saw a chrome blinged out 100 Series Amazon with a very complicated looking gas cap door this morning. Couldn't get a pic but a quick Wiki lookup shows "The 100 series was called the Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon in the UK and Ireland from 1998 to 2007."

Replaced those horrible OEM side mirrors with some AM's that you can actually see out of. Installed some USB/Cig lighter points and an accurate volt metre. Ohh yeh and cleaned out the back window runners. SO much gunk :(

If you prefer roasted beets buy a LX450. If you prefer fried leeks (hell, if you know what a leek is!) buy a LX450. If you prefer parsnip ice cream buy a LX450. If you prefer to eat the carcass of an animal buy an 80 Series LAND CRUISER!

As someone once said "If God didn't want us to eat animials he wouldn't have made them out of food"..:grinpimp:

Got my KISS drawers finished :grinpimp: also I GOT A TENT!!! I may or may not have slept in my driveway to test it out....

IMG_9654.JPG

My 16 yr old son just started driving to school last week. He called me after school today. When he came out after school this is what he found.

Rule #1: Don't FAWK with another man's car!

I've never had to replace any glass on my 80s. Is rear glass hard to come by? Expensive? Anything to look for/worry about?

IMG_4947.JPG

My 16 yr old son just started driving to school last week. He called me after school today. When he came out after school this is what he found.

I've never had to replace any glass on my 80s. Is rear glass hard to come by? Expensive? Anything to look for/worry about?

View attachment 1553218

That sucks I am kind of interested in this it looks like it is still available from Toyota MSRP is around $650 I am curious if aftermarket is an option.

View attachment 1553218
That sucks!

You could do salvage also if needed.

Is that a Kansas State PowerCat sticker on that glass? You're in the wrong stare for it.....

Otherwise call Safelite Auto Glass.

That sucks I am kind of interested in this it looks like it is still available from Toyota MSRP is around $650 I am curious if aftermarket is an option.

That sucks!

You could do salvage also if needed.

Is that a Kansas State PowerCat sticker on that glass? You're in the wrong stare for it.....

Otherwise call Safelite Auto Glass.

A buddy of mine (our sons play baseball together) works for SafeLite. I texted him. He's got the glass on order for me. $470 installed. They won't have the glass until Monday though.

I checked salvage and the only 80 Series that has been salvaged in eastern Iowa in the past 6 years doesn't have the rear glass. It was a 92 that @Dudleyfj40 and I picked clean. But the hatch glass went to someone else...

Dipsh!t kids! (Not my son but the kid that broke the window!)

Fortunately, there are cameras. The school got the license plate of the car the kid got out of. The principal is going to squeeze the kid tomorrow. If not the school police officer will get involved.

The ANF sticker is America Needs Farmers. The other sticker is a Cougar, my son's school mascot. Yes, they stole the logo from Kansas State.

A buddy of mine (our sons play baseball together) works for SafeLite. I texted him. He's got the glass on order for me. $470 installed. They won't have the glass until Monday though.

I checked salvage and the only 80 Series that has been salvaged in eastern Iowa in the past 6 years doesn't have the rear glass. It was a 92 that @Dudleyfj40 and I picked clean. But the hatch glass went to someone else...

Dipsh!t kids! (Not my son but the kid that broke the window!)

Fortunately, there are cameras. The school got the license plate of the car the kid got out of. The principal is going to squeeze the kid tomorrow. If not the school police officer will get involved.

The ANF sticker is America Needs Farmers. The other sticker is a Cougar, my son's school mascot. Yes, they stole the logo from Kansas State.

I guess I was thinking salvage like @arcteryx in that state you hate.............

I guess I was thinking salvage like @arcteryx in that state you hate.............

I may hate Texas but I love Austin! It's cool as sh!t man!

I'm guessing shipping cost would kill the deal on glass.

Would like to know how it ends .. real motives ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom