Builds VDJ76L-RKMNYV - Cleopatra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Well .. few of you may know me .. or see me around here more frequently lately ..

Here is the reason ..

20190124103903-5c229f3f-me.jpg

Her name it's Cleopatra .. " Cleo " as she will be called in regular basics .. she's the new member of the family and for sure my first " brand sparkling new " Land Cruiser .. I got her from the container ( she was bought in Dubai -- long story ) with 21 km .. so you know mostly virgin .. she will no remain in that condition very long .. you can bet.

I have a really long list of mods for her .. few of them will happen shortly, few will take a wile ( wallet recovery ), and despite being reading day and night for the last few months about them ( VDJ76 ) I still have plenty to ask .. and plenty to know ..

BTW she's my first 70 series ..

Sure she have factory winch, snorkel, and lockers ! ( rear it's not activating will need to check that later )

There are few things she ( Mr. T did it right ) have them right and few don't ..

1. She have plenty ( I mean plenty ) torque available .. that was expected from the 1VD-FTV, she it's rude .. man .. I feel my 80 like a Cadillac compared to her ..

2. 1VD-FTV it's noisy when accelerating .. almost like valves are not well adjusted ( like it could happen in small gas engine when taking from bottom on rev range )

3. The rear tail lights that works are on the bumper .. the other ones don't work ? crazy.

4. I definitely can compare her to Tencha ( my 60 series ) in terms of driving position and interior comfort ..

5. This model despite the price have only 2 speakers ( lower dash crappy speakers )

6. The center console it's a joke !

There are may more observations .. I'm not complaining ! I'm happy as hell you can bet ... just seems to be weird how Mr. T thinks. Yes I know .. these are work horses and I should be happy they hace AC ..

First upgrade .. Outback roof Console .. Always been a fan of .. never have the chance to have one in Marilu ( Will miss sun roof too ) ..

20190124182948-6ef26049-me.jpg

Super sweet man and congrats!! I know you wanted one of these for awhile.

thanks dude .. surely took me a while to make it happen ..

Nice truck! Congratulations!

thanks dude !

As weird as it sound she came with not one but two jerry cans .. I'm not sure If I would keep them .. since so far I have no place for them ..

20190124183316-f0e45f42-me.jpg

This make me realize how special the 80's are .. really a perfect truck if you ask me .. they are massive, well balance and needless to say very well done.

20190124183304-53fae6e0-me.jpg

the real difference in length is not that much ..

20190124183252-37c722ee-me.jpg

very close ..

20190124183234-788ad452-me.jpg

one thing that really have me impress it's how much air flow delivers the actual setup .. fan / fanclutch .. it's very impressive in this engine ..

20190124183209-1d6372ec-me.jpg

As weird as it sound she came with not one but two jerry cans .. I'm not sure If I would keep them .. since so far I have no place for them ..

20190124183316-f0e45f42-me.jpg

Keep em these might be the last ones available ;)

Hello,

Congratulation on your new truck.

There should be a mount on the rear door for a jerry can.

It appears your 76 has rear fog lights. That would explain why they do no appear to work.

Juan

Few things that I just don't get from Mr. T

Not a better spot to put it ?

20190128132535-85cb56e1-me.jpg

this engine have the turbo in the worst F.... place possible .. I have no idea ( I'm procuring the FSM for this model ) how you manage to pull it out with the engine on the vehicle ..

20190128132455-56a21345-me.jpg

Another thing that " caught " my eye it's the turbo actuator .. seems to be by vacuum not " electronic " as I believe it was ..

20190128132440-07f81c29-me.jpg

BTW remove this from Cleo on the weekend .. they are up for grabs for free if you want them .. I'll be next week on Vegas, so if you want them you make the arrangements to come and take them or maybe a Mud fellow Vegas resident could help with that.

20190128132606-fc79a9e5-me.jpg

BTW remove this from Cleo on the weekend .. they are up for grabs for free if you want them .. I'll be next week on Vegas, so if you want them you make the arrangements to come and take them or maybe a Mud fellow Vegas resident could help with that.

20190128132606-fc79a9e5-me.jpg

Are you going to KOH??

Cheers

Are you going to KOH??

Cheers

I have no idea it was next week .. I have no inscription to assist, other that I will only have one day " free " that would be next Thursday 07 :frown: shame on me ..

Have you joined any of the Australian 70 series groups on Facebook? Lots of info there.

Not a fan of FB .. how you can look up for old information there .?

I have no idea it was next week .. I have no inscription to assist, other that I will only have one day " free " that would be next Thursday 07 :frown: shame on me ..

The day before race day.

Cheers

Not a fan of FB .. how you can look up for old information there .?
yeah, searching is pretty hard as far as I can tell, but people are always willing to answer questions even if they have been asked millions of times, ;) But there are plenty of guys on there with 35" tires on their 76, plus lots of questions,comments about the V8 diesel. Broader base probably than what is available here on mud?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom