What did you all do with switch after rear heater delete? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have done the rear heater delete and left the switch in the dash. Now wondering if/how to remove it. Replace with something else?
TIA

I replaced it with a switch blank. Still available from the dealer or partssouk.

I replaced it with a switch blank. Still available from the dealer or partssouk.
Did you pull the wire out too? From the switch I think it runs to a wiring harness under the seats. Correct me if wrong, it was a few years ago.

I unplugged the switch, plugged the blank, removed the relay and heater core/fan unit. I didn't remove the harness between the two.

I am considering making a “secure box” that fits in that location and the idea has come up to use the existing switch and wireing to activate the latching system. Though this idea is just in its infancy. Prolly won’t be as practical as I have in my head. Or something similar in my LX factory cd changer location

Add a USB port

Add a USB port

This is gonna by my plan. Can I use the existing wires from switch?

left it behind the dash and put a blank in.

be a clean way to wire up in-cab winch controls. If you're gonna get rid of it though I'd be interested in taking it off your hands for the same purpose.

I fitted an external ambient temperature guage. Have photos somewhere if peeps are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom