What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bushings would fit properly if you use OEM bushings for the frame side of the shackle and the spring manufacturer's bushings on the spring side - Kurt at cruiseroutfitters sells the OEM size bushings

Saw 74HogGuy's bushing issue and after taking measurements I chucked them in my lathe and sliced 1/16" off. Should slide right in on the frame side. Left 8 for the spring side.
20150527_192359[1].jpg
20150527_192235[1].jpg

yup, did that my first time around, too (although I simply ground them down on a sander) - and such I learned for the next time to buy the OEM size bushings :idea:

Finally finished installing my lift between changing diapers and keeping momma happy! :) Ubolt flip kit looks great. Just waiting on the painter to finish up painting the wheels and then get the new shoes mounted.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Installed the rear suspension today. Going back SUA. Drive shaft was probably too long when SOA, but now for sure. Start on the front tomorrow.
20150529_091853[1].jpg
20150529_181103[1].jpg

Last edited:
Well, the engine swap is coming along well, so far it's been sitting in the corner for about 8 months.... But hey, at least the
body will be good when the diesel finally goes in...

Box is now separated from the cab, quarters are almost fully welded ( just the corners and the back left). Old main beam parts removed and re-fab'd. Just need to touch up all the spot weld areas, fix the wheel well tops and one wheel well support then the box is ready for blast/paint...

Box off:
image.jpg

Front side repair:
image.jpg

Back side of main beam removed. New piece is bent up, just needs some shaping around the wheels and body mounts...
image.jpg

Everything I have been putting off! Installed new rear main,bell housing, flywheel, clutch and today will stuff the newly overhauled transmission in. Should be driving it very soon again for first time in 4 years!

Everything I have been putting off! Installed new rear main,bell housing, flywheel, clutch and today will stuff the newly overhauled transmission in. Should be driving it very soon again for first time in 4 years!

Any pics?

Had it outfitted with new set of tires.
Threw in an alternator and went for a long ride.

Guys! Didn't happen without pictures!

==================================================================================

Well... I miss driving 44... so, today, I planned how I could remove the driver's side floor pan and install pedals from a recumbent bike. I can add a sprocket to the right-rear wheel and run a long bike drive chain. :hmm:

I've got it all worked out, but decided to wait for my engine rebuild to be complete. :cool:

Instead, I bought a second 2" hitch receiver from @Barn find and cut the length down about 1.5", so I could mount it to the rear bumper, without interfering with my Aux Tank. Rather than drop my Aux Tank to mount the hitch receiver, I ran the bolts from the inside of the bumper, after slathering their heads with JB-Weld. I was able to easily do this, using a telescoping magnet. Once I had the bolts in the holes, I screwed the nuts down tight and waited for the JB-Weld to set up. This way, I can easily remove and remount the hitch, should I need to drop the aux tank, for any reason.

Now, I can use my cargo basket and portable 9k winchon either the front or back. I'll probably set up tail lights and, maybe, license plate mount/lights... but, only after I decide I need them.

These are the best pictures I could get, without pushing 44 out of the garage. I bought this ATV cargo basket to use on my son-in-law's 4runner,while he was here. $39.99, on sale, at Harbor Freight - 300 lb limit. We carried two 5-gal gas cans and one 5-gal water can everywhere we went.

cargo-2-jpg.1084971

cargo-1-jpg.1084970

Guys! Didn't happen without pictures!

==================================================================================

Well... I miss driving 44... so, today, I planned how I could remove the driver's side floor pan and install pedals from a recumbent bike. I can add a sprocket to the right-rear wheel and run a long bike drive chain. :hmm:

I've got it all worked out, but decided to wait for my engine rebuild to be complete. :cool:

Instead, I bought a second 2" hitch receiver from @Barn find and cut the length down about 1.5", so I could mount it to the rear bumper, without interfering with my Aux Tank. Rather than drop my Aux Tank to mount the hitch receiver, I ran the bolts from the inside of the bumper, after slathering their heads with JB-Weld. I was able to easily do this, using a telescoping magnet. Once I had the bolts in the holes, I screwed the nuts down tight and waited for the JB-Weld to set up. This way, I can easily remove and remount the hitch, should I need to drop the aux tank, for any reason.

Now, I can use my cargo basket and portable 9k winchon either the front or back. I'll probably set up tail lights and, maybe, license plate mount/lights... but, only after I decide I need them.

These are the best pictures I could get, without pushing 44 out of the garage. I bought this ATV cargo basket to use on my son-in-law's 4runner,while he was here. $39.99, on sale, at Harbor Freight - 300 lb limit. We carried two 5-gal gas cans and one 5-gal water can everywhere we went.

cargo-2-jpg.1084971

cargo-1-jpg.1084970

Danny nice rack!

Jetted and rejetted the Weber 38 - tuned it an retuned until i got it where she running better than Ive had her running.

Also finally installed my Lifetime LED headlights for @Southeast Overland - WOW !

Got my sticker collection sorted out (idea stolen from another mudder) on the -40

image.jpg

And made sure that my hitch cover worked...

image.jpg

Danny thanks for the idea!

Here's my hitch cargo rack installed, now I can carry my Jerry gas cans when I hit the trails again.

full

Jetted and rejetted the Weber 38 - tuned it an retuned until i got it where she running better than Ive had her running.

Also finally installed my Lifetime LED headlights for @Southeast Overland - WOW !

Got my sticker collection sorted out (idea stolen from another mudder) on the -40

View attachment 1085575

And made sure that my hitch cover worked...

View attachment 1085590

Looks outstanding Erik! :beer:

And sounds good too! ....Oops no sound vid?[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom