What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (90 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

replaced the under dash Old Air AC evaporator unit. The old unit had a bad rheostat, fan motors were getting noisy, and getting over a decade old.

The new unit works great, R12 is getting very pricey but it blows super cold :D

CAP-200.jpg

Last edited:
FFR? FE Engine?...Great color!!
Tks, it's an FFR, i built it. Only a 302 but I installed and tuned the ITB injection. Megasquirt ROCKS! The 302 is being replaced by a all forged internals 347 soon. Thinking the 302 would be great in the FJ40.
20150218_210329[1].jpg

Next install issue...getting the H-shackle over the bushings was almost impossible. Used the threaded rod trick I found in the search and got one on...now I'm stuck trying to get the bushing to fit in the spring hanger. The bushings at the top at the shackle are super tight and slightly deformed whereas at the spring slid on perfect.View attachment 1080978View attachment 1080982View attachment 1080985View attachment 1080994

bushings would fit properly if you use OEM bushings for the frame side of the shackle and the spring manufacturer's bushings on the spring side - Kurt at cruiseroutfitters sells the OEM size bushings

Got all my Saginaw conversion shafts ready to install an found I have the wrong firewall bearing. So.. I pulled the Transfer case shifter out of a box and finally modified it to work with my "inherited" sbc conversion. It's Ugly but seems to work. Then I picked up 50lbs of tools and put them back in my Toolbox

image.jpg

truck weld.JPG Welded in patch panels on both sides of the sill. Needs some more touching up but for my first try it is at least solid.
Looks way better than the two holes that were there before. Took the kids out shopping with the top off and had them wait for me in it while I went in for dog food. They said while I was in the store two people came by and said sweet looking J--p! My youngest boy age 7 said it's not a J--p, ITS a LAND CRUISER! Oh, they said. Sweet looking Land Cruiser. I was proud of him. :)

Replaced some gaskets, found out i have a cracked fuel pump, so I ordered another. Worked more on my rear bumper and ordered new spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom