What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

..Always scouting new routes,looking for an old Water Tank @1908 that supply water to the train system in PR..
100_0161.jpg
100_0183.jpg
100_0143.jpg

Purchased a 2 f off eBay for 800 to replace my f and a half.they said the compression was over 150. Turned out he was telling the truth. Got in running today purrs like a kitten.

Doing rear end overhaul and realized the new shackle pins I purchased were not the correct ones. Anyhow spent some time under the rear end and after fitting new bushes and greasing everything up, I get to put it back together again!

I love my cruiser.

Front and rear bumper replacements

Replaced my front bumper with HFS and roller fairlead. Pretty easy install. PO had welded a crappy homemade bumper to the bumper etensions so I had to find replacements. Not as easy to find decent bumper extensions as I thought it would be!

Also replaced the crappy homemade welded bumper in the back with MAF 4+Plus bumper and fuel/cooler carrier basket. Really happy with the outcome.

Also added the factory taillights and fixed the PO hack job. Now they all work including the backup lights. Very pleased with the outcome.
Busy weekend but all worth it.

:bounce::cheers:
DSC00494.jpg
DSC00487.jpg
DSC00488.jpg

Finished my disk brake axle rebuild out of a 78 and swapped it under my 74 yesterday and drove it to church this morning! Wow loving that is stops soo good.

Next project inline: 350 TBI swap and overdrive

image-3957104737.jpg
image-3957104737.jpg

Finished my disk brake axle rebuild out of a 78 and swapped it under my 74 yesterday and drove it to church this morning! Wow loving that is stops soo good.

Next project inline: 350 TBI swap and overdrive

View attachment 650049

It's a slippery slope... Just wait till you see how well it'll stop with 4wheel discs.:D

I finally got my PTO winch drive shaft hooked up, working and then wound the new cable on the drum. :D

90.jpg
90.jpg

DogDigger said:
Thought about it...

Used time at school to scour the web for parts and drove it around. Planning to borrow a mig for the tray which I'm fitting during the school holidays next week and week after...
Thats just about it

Built a swing out tire carrier.
Tire Carrier Closed.JPG
Tire Carrier angle.JPG
Tire Carrier open.JPG

Holy smokes, that looks great, bomb!

1. Passed inspection on Monday. HUGE COUP!

2. Figured out later that day that my gas tank was full of rust particles, which would completely clog my fuel filter in 15-20 miles. Top speed: 40 MPH, otherwise it would clog while driving and lose all power. FAWK!

View attachment 647092

3. Removed the tank, had it hot tanked at Blanco Radiator Service in San Antonio for $55. That included an inspection for holes and a repaint. Took them 24 hours and the tank looks great.

4. Installed the tank and made her maiden voyage on the highway to Austin. Minor overheating problem, but she could cruise at 60 (almost 70 with my rubber overdrive without a hiccup). FAWK YEAH!

5. Now getting the lift and Bilstein 5125s put on at Edwin's shop. FAWK YEAH x 2!

6. Edwin's is also draining away my radiator worries... :bounce: for getting the sludge out of there!

Wow, looks like coffee grounds in there!

1. Passed inspection on Monday. HUGE COUP!

2. Figured out later that day that my gas tank was full of rust particles, which would completely clog my fuel filter in 15-20 miles. Top speed: 40 MPH, otherwise it would clog while driving and lose all power. FAWK!

View attachment 647092

3. Removed the tank, had it hot tanked at Blanco Radiator Service in San Antonio for $55. That included an inspection for holes and a repaint. Took them 24 hours and the tank looks great.

4. Installed the tank and made her maiden voyage on the highway to Austin. Minor overheating problem, but she could cruise at 60 (almost 70 with my rubber overdrive without a hiccup). FAWK YEAH!

5. Now getting the lift and Bilstein 5125s put on at Edwin's shop. FAWK YEAH x 2!

6. Edwin's is also draining away my radiator worries... :bounce: for getting the sludge out of there!

PS: What filter is that? It looks like a serviceable unit.

Is it suitable for FI use (high-pressure)?

Pablo, the fuel filter unit is completely serviceable. Very helpful when you are having problems like I did (the filter was full from inlet to outlet with waste in 20 miles of driving). The fuel filter units and additional filters are also sold separately, which is awesome if you don't feel like cleaning a filter on the road, just slide a new one on to the threaded and bored rod and slide on and tighten the glass casing.

And yes, it can handle FI.

Something like this: http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=907

But you can find them at O'Reilly's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom