Year in Review: What was Your Best Land Cruiser-Related Accomplishment in 2023? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is 12 degrees out side and I don't want to start the heaters in the barn then wait for it to warm up. Seems I don't have a problem working in the Summer when it is in the 80s-90s or even 100. But I have a lot of parts stacking up and running out of room to park my 1-ton.

Biggest accomplishment, wheeling the snot out of it one weekend.

Drove it 3+ hours there, wheeled it all the next day, then drove it 3+ hours home.

Everything else was normal everyday stuff.

20230618_125404.jpg
20230618_125545.jpg
20230617_145620.jpg

Finally made to the rubicon. Polled and rattled its way along until my buddy broke his track arm bracket (twice). Fixed it and turned around to get out before it broke again. Guess we’ll just have to go back and finish it another time.
IMG_6490.jpeg

This is minor but the windshield wipers on my 40 did not work. I pulled the wiper motor and had it rebuilt.

Over a year ago.

Re-installed the motor and still no go. I hooked up 12 volts to the motor and I had wipers, so the motor rebuild was good.

Finally got around to tracking down the bad wire, fixing it and wipers work again.

Funny how when you don't drive in the rain, wipers are not that important. However, it did bug me that it took so long for me to get them working. Glad it is finally done.

getting it back on the road after 12 months of incremental work. Started small with a taillight refresh, rear harness rebuild. And learned a whole lot along the way. Holley carb rebuild. Interior rust removal cleanup and paint. coolant system rebuild. Thermostat, housing, new water pump, fan blade, radiator and all hoses.
learned how to sandblast and zinc plate as much of the nuts and bolts as were recoverable.
new tires to replace the 20 year old Coopers.
starting to put some miles on last weekend. A good year all around.
2024 Sniper EFI with in tank pump. Weld up some rusty spots and install the tire carrier.
Drive it.

got my new 350 with a four speed and it, wired it up with the help of some very excellent mud members, got it running, doors and windows sealed, dash electrical gremlins fixed brake booster, shocks and a hand full of other parts mostly all in two months and have daily driven it for the last two!!
IMG_7407.jpeg

first time in 12 years i’ve day driven a 40! i smile every day

Last edited:
2023 was the first year owning my 40. I’ve done lots of things to it but my favorite is definitely lift and tires. Not far behind that is cleaning off all the spray paint from the PO and cleaning up the old paint underneath.

When I first brought it home
IMG_6183.jpeg

Lift and Tires
IMG_6462.jpeg

Paint cleaned up
IMG_8245.png

@igotta40 very nice 40, off topic question for you…was the picture in the driveway taken in Meadowcreek in Missouri City?

Surviving another year with the 40, let’s see that makes 37. Biggest mechanical accomplishment was rebuilding the mini-truck steering box. Best memory was having my youngest daughter make her first trip out to wheel it, we‘ve done a lot of hunting and camping but seeing her behind the wheel was great!

IMG_1872.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom