Year in Review: What was Your Best Land Cruiser-Related Accomplishment in 2023? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Adding vintage AC unit. It’s been a game changer
Do you install the Vintage Air unit or an older AC unit?

There is AC in my truck (it doesn’t work, never fussed with it) that is definitely more the latter.
I’m about to start meandering down the path of getting it up and running. I do know I need to retrofit it to 134a though. Just hoping whatever new coolant they’re coming out with will be backwards compatible enough for this older clunker of a unit.

There is AC in my truck (it doesn’t work, never fussed with it) that is definitely more the latter.
I’m about to start meandering down the path of getting it up and running. I do know I need to retrofit it to 134a though. Just hoping whatever new coolant they’re coming out with will be backwards compatible enough for this older clunker of a unit.
M

I’m about to start meandering down the path of getting it up and running. I do know I need to retrofit it to 134a though. Just hoping whatever new coolant they’re coming out with will be backwards compatible enough for this older clunker of a
Vintage Air is a company located in San Antonio. It is made to fit the FJ40…. Has a clean retro look to it. I have the larger compressor. It has heat as well. They both work great …..considering your sitting in an uninsulated steel can😁

Yeah, I know about Vintage Air, I think the way you worded your post wasn’t clear to me.

I’d love to install one, however I have this massive beast of an AC that is already in my truck so I’ll see what I can do to get it running.

Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom