Year in Review: What was Your Best Land Cruiser-Related Accomplishment in 2023? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is much improved over 11 with the F series motors. Plus it makes comparable horsepower and torque to a 7.3 IDI diesel that Ford used in the 90s in 3/4 and 1 tons. I had one that made 180 hp and ~300 ft pounds of torque and didn't get good milage.

IMG_7882.jpeg
IMG_7767.jpeg
IMG_9345.jpeg
Completed a heart transplant in my 1966 FJ45 LPB. Out with the old F engine and in with the Cummins 4BT. New NV4500 transmission and a 87 FJ60 transfer case. Lots of other upgrades a well…FJ60 seats, FJ60 axels, Dakota Digital gauges, Vintage air and much more. Very pleased with the selective surgery 😀 waiting on my late model front window to be painted so I can get it installed.

@lukefj80 helped me get it running after a couple of years being down. Swapped out the Krawlers for some 35x10.5 Kanati MTs. Bought and installed my 4plus tire carrier from @lcwizard before the doors closed. Found, bought and installed nos Kayline top on my old bows.
2024- fix my leaking rear diff cover, check out to see if my rear axle seal is leaking again or if it a wheel cylinder. Hopefully pull a leaf or get some shorter shackles to lower it down.
IMG_7256.jpeg
IMG_7056.jpeg

Biggest accomplishment for me was swapping a 2F into my 71 40 series after the F engine spun a bearing.
Transferred all the F engine accessories onto the 2F and dialed it in.
She starts all the time and runs strong.

This is minor but the windshield wipers on my 40 did not work. I pulled the wiper motor and had it rebuilt.

Over a year ago.

Re-installed the motor and still no go. I hooked up 12 volts to the motor and I had wipers, so the motor rebuild was good.

Finally got around to tracking down the bad wire, fixing it and wipers work again.

Funny how when you don't drive in the rain, wipers are not that important. However, it did bug me that it took so long for me to get them working. Glad it is finally done.
I'm right there with you Joe. Mine run extremely slow and the sprayer doesn't work. Next year, I'll have to do the same. Cheers!

@lukefj80 helped me get it running after a couple of years being down. Swapped out the Krawlers for some 35x10.5 Kanati MTs. Bought and installed my 4plus tire carrier from @lcwizard before the doors closed. Found, bought and installed nos Kayline top on my old bows.
2024- fix my leaking rear diff cover, check out to see if my rear axle seal is leaking again or if it a wheel cylinder. Hopefully pull a leaf or get some shorter shackles to lower it down.
View attachment 3518998View attachment 3518999
I love the way it sits now. Great looking rig! Cheers

I think the only thing I really accomplished was pinning down a design for a mounting speakers in the back.

View attachment 3517313

View attachment 3517314

View attachment 3517312

Other than that, had lots of adventures. Snow wheeling in Wisconsin. Solid Axle Summit. Wheeling in Missouri. Playing in the woods at my brother's. And a trip to Northern Minnesota
Congratulations! Gotta have some tunes, that was an important mission. Good job and I like the placement.

Among many of my forced upgrades, fuel pump, carburetor, u-joints, just generally keeping her alive. My biggest accomplishment is getting my 16 year old daughter to actually go off roading with me, when she was too afraid to go before now.

View attachment 3518021
That's great! Love seeing this. I have a 16 year old too and will teach her to drive on road and off road! Congratulations!

That is much improved over 11 with the F series motors. Plus it makes comparable horsepower and torque to a 7.3 IDI diesel that Ford used in the 90s in 3/4 and 1 tons. I had one that made 180 hp and ~300 ft pounds of torque and didn't get good milage.
I think I was 118hp and 243 ft/lbs on the dyno, at the wheels.

2023 -
Engine rebuilt with JimC performance pistons etc - took 2 years to get it all going right (firs
Some SMG pin replacements
Rebuilt center link, new TRE & drag link
Rebuilt steering gear box
4plus metal on front and back
powdered rear seat frames (roll bars and front seat backs to be the correct(ish) grey and uniform)

2024 - (steering and drivability)
knuckles, rebuild diffs
Dobinsons springs and shocks, etc.
4plus flip kit
4 degree shims
replace body mounts
replace worn rubber
Install correct roll bars
restore OEM front seats
finish SMG pins
some body work.

IMG_3528.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

2023 -
Engine rebuilt with JimC performance pistons etc - took 2 years to get it all going right (firs
powdered rear seat frames (roll bars and front seat backs to be the correct(ish) grey and uniform)

knuckles, rebuild diffs
4plus flip kit
4 degree shims
replace body mounts
replace worn rubber
restore OEM front seats
finish SMG pins
some body work.

View attachment 3520579

View attachment 3520581
She’s a beaut.

2023 -

knuckles, rebuild diffs
4plus flip kit
4 degree shims
replace body mounts
replace worn rubber
restore OEM front seats
finish SMG pins
some body work.

View attachment 3520579

View attachment 3520581
Wow, looking good. I've always loved this color on our trucks, now more than ever with that sunset! Bravo! Oh, love your license plate!

Surviving another year with the 40, let’s see that makes 37. Biggest mechanical accomplishment was rebuilding the mini-truck steering box. Best memory was having my youngest daughter make her first trip out to wheel it, we‘ve done a lot of hunting and camping but seeing her behind the wheel was great!

View attachment 3517230
Kelly,

I remember this and remember thinking how much I want to do a trip with my daughter.

Inspirational and so glad to have seen it.

Ian

Happy Holidays everyone. As 2023 draws to a close, it is a good time to reflect. Share what your biggest accomplishment/improvement to your Land Cruiser over the past 12 months and/or what you have in store for it during 2024.
I ripped apart my 76, redid, pretty much everything and repainted it cut out all the rust just about done still a ways to go

IMG_3845.jpeg

Finished up getting A/C lines and relays hooked up, now just a few things to clean up in the engine compartment. Still have to charge the system. On to rebuilding my winch so I can get it installed and cables routed through engine compartment.
20231230_172147.jpg
20231230_172214.jpg
20231230_172225.jpg

Finished up getting A/C lines and relays hooked up, now just a few things to clean up in the engine compartment. Still have to charge the system. On to rebuilding my winch so I can get it installed and cables routed through engine compartment.
View attachment 3521283View attachment 3521286View attachment 3521287
I’ve still got a TPI setup to bolt on… not this year.

Is that MAF? My setup is MAF and they’re more forgiving to changes from what I understand.

I’ve still got a TPI setup to bolt on… not this year.

Is that MAF? My setup is MAF and they’re more forgiving to changes from what I understand.
I had TBI on previously and decided I would switch over to TPI since I had it on the shelf over 10 years!
Yes, it is MAF, I heard speed density was better, but I guess everyone has a preference.
Mine is out of a 87 Firebird, mounted to my 72 350.

I had TBI on previously and decided I would switch over to TPI since I had it on the shelf over 10 years!
Yes, it is MAF, I heard speed density was better, but I guess everyone has a preference.
Mine is out of a 87 Firebird, mounted to my 72 350.
87 Camaro with a AA stand alone harness. I've heard some say MAP is better if the programming is right, but MAF is more forgiving to modified engines since it knows how much air is going in, how much fuel is going in, timing, and how much unburnt fuel comes out on the other end. Whereas MAP only knows how much vacuum there is and based on the displacement calculates the amount of air is coming in... but that's variable depending on compression, cam, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom