What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is what they looked like last week. I'm trying to get everything back together and looking decent for an event in Vermont this upcoming weekend.
@FJmaine - great to meet you last night. Your doors look even better with the VT mud you applied to your Cruiser yesterday! 🍻

Enjoy the rest of trails. Perfect time of year for it.

IMG-7291.jpg

IMG-7293.jpg

Last edited:
Was able to get new window felt installed with a little dish soap and water and pulling the glass to one side or the other with duct tape. Kind of a pain but not terrible. Now its just the door that rattles not the glass. 😆

A0F31216-E709-4A28-B544-081AA3D3D6F5.jpeg

1CAAFB59-1833-4AEF-8DE0-FC6625E651F4.jpeg

A631399C-E50B-4925-88C5-6015ACB70137.jpeg

D7B787CF-8AC1-4AB8-9667-C510ED54624C.jpeg

Because I do not need to post another thread on this I will simply drop this here and say, "This sucks."

20221008_152356.jpg
20221008_151446.jpg

I guess it all needs to come apart and I may need bearings and pinion shims. Not even sure if they are available for a '73.
I was unable to get the pinion preload either. :crybaby:

Yep - 90564-70101 to 70104 NLA.
Now what?

Because I do not need to post another thread on this I will simply drop this here and say, "This sucks."

View attachment 3135134View attachment 3135135

I guess it all needs to come apart and I may need bearings and pinion shims. Not even sure if they are available for a '73.
I was unable to get the pinion preload either. :crybaby:

Yep - 90564-70101 to 70104 NLA.
Now what?
I may have some shims leftover from when I rebuilt my diff, I can get them in the mail Tuesday if you need them.

As preparations continue for my next adventure, I discovered the right front spring hanger on my FJ45 had cracked on both sides of the rivet. I already upgraded my trail 40 years ago to the RuffStuff hangers. But since I only have a few days left, and no RuffStuff on the shelf, I just broke out the hot glue gun to get me through this trip.
F285A294-A4F6-4716-9138-57F1A518CABC.jpeg

Last edited:
I may have some shims leftover from when I rebuilt my diff, I can get them in the mail Tuesday if you need them.
I actually thought they were unobtanium. That is very kind. I will send you beers. Are those from Cruiser Outfitters? I had not started to look past the search for the Toyota part numbers.

I actually thought they were unobtanium. That is very kind. I will send you beers. Are those from Cruiser Outfitters? I had not started to look past the search for the Toyota part numbers.
Yeah, they came with the rebuild kit I bought last year from Cruiser Outfitters, no beers needed, I just don't want to see people in a bind while I have parts that I won't be using sitting in the garage.

Yeah, they came with the rebuild kit I bought last year from Cruiser Outfitters, no beers needed, I just don't want to see people in a bind while I have parts that I won't be using sitting in the garage.
Class act. I will pay it forward.

As preparations continue for my next adventure, I discovered my right front spring hanger cracked on both sides of the rivet. I already upgraded the hangers on Ruftoys years ago to the RuffStuff. But since I only have a few days left, and no RuffStuff on the shelf, I just broke out the hot glue gun to get me through this trip.View attachment 3135246

And here I thought I was the only one I thought of it as hot glue. Do you have a favourite rod for such spots? 6013 comes to mind.

For sheet metal and fab, I prefer MIG with gas, but for repairs with potentially rusty metal stick is hard to beat. But perhaps I’m just old school with oxyacetylene and a stick (as well as a recently purchased MIG).

And here I thought I was the only one I thought of it as hot glue. Do you have a favourite rod for such spots? 6013 comes to mind.

For sheet metal and fab, I prefer MIG with gas, but for repairs with potentially rusty metal stick is hard to beat. But perhaps I’m just old school with oxyacetylene and a stick (as well as a recently purchased MIG).
I am a mig guy. Red vs. Blue: I’m in the blue camp.😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom