Opinions on seats. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ugh, I don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but there was a guy in here that got rear ended in a Pig w/o head rests and his neck has never been right since.
I can't remember his handle, and it has definitely been a minute since I have seen him in here.

Ugh, I don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but there was a guy in here that got rear ended in a Pig w/o head rests and his neck has never been right since.
I can't remember his handle, and it has definitely been a minute since I have seen him in here.
Here we go - this post from @greentruck - it ended up being an awesome trip down memory lane about his Pig and an epic trip to Colorado in the '70s. Worth the read...

EDIT: It helps if I link the thread! Head Rests 71950-90352 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/head-rests-71950-90352.751550/

Last edited:
Thanks for the ref and a great flashback Sunday afternoon re-read. I'll have to read this thread first before I comment on whatever issues that are under discussion about the 55 seats. I will note the neck is still a pain on many days, but got other aches nowadays that are sometimes enough to distract from it. Fortunately, these mostly did not come from this recent incident in which the Sacred Cow was lost and a LX 450 was gained:
Whoops!

I will say everything said there still holds with only one update of significance. Ige mention one of her fellow clubbers moving down this way who might be opening a firing range along with keeping a harem full of Land Cruisers. I think we met in the last few years. Was coming into Harbor Freight and ran into him getting ready to leave in his TLC. We talked trucks for awhile, then guns came up, but I don't shoot much anymore so haven't been to visit the range -yet - but here's the link:
High Caliber, Urbana, IL
Some of the discussion turned to the possibility of a local TLC club forming. Well, we haven't got back to that, either one, but PM me if you are interested and maybe that will get rolling someday. I've got one buddy with a nicely built 80 who's here on Mud. I do know we all three share the same awesome Land Cruiser tech, Eric at Specialized.
Cheers! :beer:

Last edited:
Now that I've read this thread, I'll comment on front seats in the Pig.

A rear-end collision of 25 mph or so WILL tend to bend the bench seat frame. I imagine it wouldn't be too big a deal to reinforce things to limit or eliminate this issue.

If you choose the stock bench, getting headrests on it would be highly advisable IME. I'm 6'2" and that will make some difference if you ever need them. Not sure when they started building the headrest mounts into the stock seat frame or why they did and did not install headrests.

No need for detail, but love in the woods is much more convenient with the accommodating bench seat than with any bucket seat, enuf said.

As someone who was recently rear ended (14 months ago) at 55mph and who still has neck issues, it sucks and proper seats can go a long ways.

I was rear ended in my eurovan which has decent tall seats and good headrests. I was turned to looking at my drivers side mirror when I was hit so that’s made things a bit worse. I imagine had I been looking straight ahead there would have been much less damage to me.

I’m tall, 6’5” so most seats don’t fit good. Now I try to make sure I’m mostly covered.
Whenever I get my settlement I plan on setting money aside for recaros hopefully that fit and protect.

Edit: you can also find factory recaro seats in BMW, VW and others. Newer OEM recaro in ford/Subaru might look too racer

Hope you settle 😉
Yeah we will settle, unfortunately lawyers are having to be involved as their insurance (even though other drivers fault and ticket by police) is just lowballing like crazy. $1k was first offer.

It’s so dumb I have to give up 33% Becuase insurance companies can’t be fair.

Lawyers.
It’s like paying @bobm per emoji per post, :) :rofl::cool::beer::beer::doh::pig::zilla::flipoff2:;):rolleyes::rofl::banana::banana::beer::bounce::beer::pig::pig: Not necessary but gets it done.

Yeah we will settle, unfortunately lawyers are having to be involved as their insurance (even though other drivers fault and ticket by police) is just lowballing like crazy. $1k was first offer.

It’s so dumb I have to give up 33% Becuase insurance companies can’t be fair.

Lawyers.
It’s like paying @bobm per emoji per post, :) :rofl::cool::beer::beer::doh::pig::zilla::flipoff2:;):rolleyes::rofl::banana::banana::beer::bounce::beer::pig::pig: Not necessary but gets it done.
You forgot Bob’s classic go-to emojis:
🐖👈

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom