Opinions on seats. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dropped off the pig to the body shop on Friday. They say 2 months and I will be very happy as he smiled counting the pile of cash I left with him. 🫤

Now I need to start gathering interior items. Biggest one being seats. I’m looking at 3 candidates.
1. Recaros. Expensive but drop in ready.
2. Chevy silverado seats. Look comfy, would need to be reupholstered but have built in seatbelts. Also they look big. Maybe too big for a pig. Anybody use these? 99-07 seats.
3. BMW Vader seats. Mostly like the name, but they also look great to me. 😁
Anybody have recommendations on these or others that function well, don’t look too out of place and are comfortable?
Thanks!

Someone was running a King Ranch seat up from too, so might answer your domestic size question?

I’m going to use PT Cruiser seats (2003 - 2005 IIRC). Not a super popular selection, but they checked all my boxes.
Flat bottom mounting
All manual adjustment
Integrated seatbelt buckle

Could easily be mounted to cross bars attached to stock mounts. I went beyond, got rid of stock mounts and built independent mounts.

Inside arm rests won’t work with a center console, and were since removed.

IMG_8259.jpeg

IMG_5473.jpeg

IMG_5471.jpeg

IMG_5480.jpeg

Someone was running a King Ranch seat up from too, so might answer your domestic size question?
I’m using 2004 F150 seats up front. Integrated seat belts. Manual lumbar adjustment. Same dimensions as King Ranch. Super easy mount without removing the oem pedestal. Very comfortable and supportive. Have an Fj60 console mounted between them. Also available with electric adjustments.

I’m going to use PT Cruiser seats (2003 - 2005 IIRC). Not a super popular selection, but they checked all my boxes.
Flat bottom mounting
All manual adjustment
Integrated seatbelt buckle

Could easily be mounted to cross bars attached to stock mounts. I went beyond, got rid of stock mounts and built independent mounts.

Inside arm rests won’t work with a center console, and were since removed.

View attachment 3510051

View attachment 3510058

View attachment 3510059

View attachment 3510063
Thanks rush55. I like the clean slate. I’m kind of leaning towards the bmw seats, now that I see yours mounted in the truck.

Dropped off the pig to the body shop on Friday. They say 2 months and I will be very happy as he smiled counting the pile of cash I left with him. 🫤

Now I need to start gathering interior items. Biggest one being seats. I’m looking at 3 candidates.
1. Recaros. Expensive but drop in ready.
2. Chevy silverado seats. Look comfy, would need to be reupholstered but have built in seatbelts. Also they look big. Maybe too big for a pig. Anybody use these? 99-07 seats.
3. BMW Vader seats. Mostly like the name, but they also look great to me. 😁
Anybody have recommendations on these or others that function well, don’t look too out of place and are comfortable?
Thanks!

I have the GM seats in the 74 and will probably pull them and go with Scheelmann vario f xxls for the front row.

That means they could be yours… they are a bit more torn up than shown there. They’re also mounted a bit higher than one might want.

Will we ever see Pua’a again?
Probably. It’s in @samc2447 hands now and he gets 💩 done. Pua’a is at the body shop, having a bunch of stuff redone. Maybe I’ll have it back in 2025.

Steve has the fj45lv, the 62 body on 80 frame project, an 82 fj40 that’s waiting on 4.4L 2F from @FJ60Cam and Pua’a now.

This is the turbo 1fz and h55f in the LV that I bought from @greenbeast (the green valve cover isn’t staying).
And the Mosley 2F and 82

IMG_1182.jpeg

IMG_1185.jpeg

Thanks for the callout Bob! I think that most of us pig owners fall into two seat categories:
1) keep the stock bench seats
2) put in some new bucket style seats

I fall in the bench seat group. I just like the look of a vintage bench seat! With that in mind I pulled off the covers, removed the foam, fixed the cracked frame, fixed quite a few broken springs, and painted the seat frame and springs. Then I worked with an old school upholstery guy , described my vision of vintage look with more comfort, reviewed a few designs he came up with, selected a two tone black and gray style using aircraft vinyl that’s long wearing and heat resistant. Really happy with how they came out.

84F36453-5D35-411C-ADC7-D06B45089FA9.jpeg

IMG_3856.jpeg

IMG_3857.jpeg

I went with Corbeau seats, they have a higher bolster than most seats and that's where the problem is. Combined with leather covers the bolster wore out very quickly and produced a hole in the leather (driver's side). I'm not sure where I'm headed next, high bolsters and leather are not on the list. If you spend a lot of time and miles in the seat it better be right, Hot Summer's and leather don't mix bouncing around the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom