Opinions on seats. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the callout Bob! I think that most of us pig owners fall into two seat categories:
1) keep the stock bench seats
2) put in some new bucket style seats

I fall in the bench seat group. I just like the look of a vintage bench seat! With that in mind I pulled off the covers, removed the foam, fixed the cracked frame, fixed quite a few broken springs, and painted the seat frame and springs. Then I worked with an old school upholstery guy , described my vision of vintage look with more comfort, reviewed a few designs he came up with, selected a two tone black and gray style using aircraft vinyl that’s long wearing and heat resistant. Really happy with how they came out.

View attachment 3513884

View attachment 3513885

View attachment 3513886
That seat is spot on. Gorgeous comes to mind.

That seat is spot on. Gorgeous comes to mind.
Thanks. I looked into the SOR seat cover and foam which for both seats was $1804 plus shipping. My local upholstery guy did both seats custom, new foam exactly how I wanted it, two tone black and gray, with special aircraft vinyl for $1800. No brainer.

He is saying when it is getting hot upfront, you can ask your lady if she wants to hit the bedroom. Then you flop over the front back rest into the back.
If it’s getting hot on a bench seat there is no need to move to β€œthe bedroom”.

It’s not a Corvette.

1970s dad joke:

Q: what do you call bucket seats with a console?
A: birth control

Knew a girl in HS named Samantha. Drove a Ford Galaxy. That front seat was big enuf!

She once offered a 3-way with a friend of hers. That girl ended up marrying my brother.

Oops

I did. So expensive. I’m already way over budget.
1703424287782.png

I’m going to use PT Cruiser seats (2003 - 2005 IIRC). Not a super popular selection, but they checked all my boxes.
Flat bottom mounting
All manual adjustment
Integrated seatbelt buckle

Could easily be mounted to cross bars attached to stock mounts. I went beyond, got rid of stock mounts and built independent mounts.

Inside arm rests won’t work with a center console, and were since removed.

View attachment 3510051

View attachment 3510058

View attachment 3510059

View attachment 3510063
Manual adjust FTW!
No dead battery if something gets blocked under an adjustment control...
And you can move the seat if you have the battery disconnected.

Probably. It’s in @samc2447 hands now and he gets πŸ’© done. Pua’a is at the body shop, having a bunch of stuff redone. Maybe I’ll have it back in 2025.

Steve has the fj45lv, the 62 body on 80 frame project, an 82 fj40 that’s waiting on 4.4L 2F from @FJ60Cam and Pua’a now.

This is the turbo 1fz and h55f in the LV that I bought from @greenbeast (the green valve cover isn’t staying).
And the Mosley 2F and 82

View attachment 3512066

View attachment 3512068

What top plate is that on the H55?

Thanks for the callout Bob! I think that most of us pig owners fall into two seat categories:
1) keep the stock bench seats
2) put in some new bucket style seats

I fall in the bench seat group. I just like the look of a vintage bench seat! With that in mind I pulled off the covers, removed the foam, fixed the cracked frame, fixed quite a few broken springs, and painted the seat frame and springs. Then I worked with an old school upholstery guy , described my vision of vintage look with more comfort, reviewed a few designs he came up with, selected a two tone black and gray style using aircraft vinyl that’s long wearing and heat resistant. Really happy with how they came out.

View attachment 3513884

View attachment 3513885

View attachment 3513886
It looks like you have the laid back seating like my '74 does as well!
I wouldn't mind if my seating was a little less laid back.
Would you be able to show a pic or 2 of your mounts?
I know looking at @Gordobe '77 Pig, his factory bench had less recline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom