Builds Fly By Night (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought about going to the 4500 or even the 5600, but putting all the clutch gear back in seemed like work. Now of course that would have been easy compared to what I have done. Besides, its not a crawl truck and I like doing FB updates on my phone while drinking a beer and hanging my left foot out the window.

I had an SM420 behind a built 350. It was in an FJ40 on 37's.

4.10's, 37's rendered that 1st gear useless except for crawling and stop and go traffic I just idled in lol. The 4500 should be much more refined and cruise along nicely. That SM420 shift pattern was about 2.5' wide. :rofl:

Errrrrrccchhh!

More goodies in the mail -
Giantisian Nutsert Install Tool

It’ll do standard #10 - 1/2”
and metric M3 - M12

(Hopefully not a piece of crap)

0EA870D0-655C-4959-8384-6E350F89925F.jpeg

I have one similar and they work great if you have enough room to work the handles. Sometimes you're in a tight spot and have to use the two wrench ones.

Last edited:
I have one similar and they work great if you have enough room to work the handles. Sometimes you're in a tight spot and have to use the two wrench ones.

Nice, thanks for the link Ron! We have some of the smaller up to 1/4”-20 at work if needed. Most of what I’m brainstorming should be in the wide open, but you know how that goes😉

Last edited:
Really? I haven't looked into this, so what do all the folks with FJ60s do if they need to rebuild their tcase? Recently there's been a few FJ55 and 45 posts where folks are installing new split tcases. Is that now the only option? Find the best used one you can or buy new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom