Builds Fly By Night (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going back to November 11, 2021….

Here’s a pic of where it was mounted on the truck I pulled it off of. It’s probably somewhat even with the pump, or maybe elevated a tad.

IMG_8274.jpeg

Finally have something to show!
The Fly By Night “Power Tray” prototype is together and wired.
This has been quite the road getting this thing lined out. I’m fairly happy with how it turned out, and am thinking about just running it after it’s painted.
Lots of tools and products from several companies to make it happen.

I made the decision to change the original plan from a single bulkhead to three. Main battery power comes in from an 8AWG wire through an Amphenol PanelMate ATHD plug and receptacle, to a 50 amp breaker and then to the battery buss bar, which supplies juice to both relays. The ignition power comes in through the six position Amphenol ATP plug and socket to activate the ignition relay which sends juice to the ignition buss bar which in turn feeds the 5, 15amp fused circuits for coils, injectors, and others. These all leave the panel via 16AWG wire and an Amphenol DuraMate 14 position bulkhead socket. The second relay is for the fuel pump which is activated from an incoming wire from the ECM, goes through a 25amp fuse and exits in 14AWG through the 6 position plug.

IMG_3507.jpeg

IMG_3508.jpeg

IMG_3509.jpeg

IMG_3511.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, that took some foresight to get laid out and executed 😎

I’m guessing no real estate left on PS? Seems like mostly see them over there 🤷🏼‍♂️

Amateur builder wiring tip -

I’ve been using LT1 Swap - https://lt1swap.com/ as a guide for the engine wiring harness. This guy suggested using masking tape to wrap the wiring to keep it organized, so that’s what I’ve been doing. After 25 times of reorganizing the wiring, I’m pretty fed up with peeling off tape. Decided to try some double sided Velcro stripping instead.

IMG_3517.jpeg

IMG_3518.jpeg

IMG_3519.jpeg

Finally have something to show!
The Fly By Night “Power Tray” prototype is together and wired.
This has been quite the road getting this thing lined out. I’m fairly happy with how it turned out, and am thinking about just running it after it’s painted.
Lots of tools and products from several companies to make it happen.

I made the decision to change the original plan from a single bulkhead to three. Main battery power comes in from an 8AWG wire through an Amphenol PanelMate ATHD plug and receptacle, to a 50 amp breaker and then to the battery buss bar, which supplies juice to both relays. The ignition power comes in through the six position Amphenol ATP plug and socket to activate the ignition relay which sends juice to the ignition buss bar which in turn feeds the 5, 15amp fused circuits for coils, injectors, and others. These all leave the panel via 16AWG wire and an Amphenol DuraMate 14 position bulkhead socket. The second relay is for the fuel pump which is activated from an incoming wire from the ECM, goes through a 25amp fuse and exits in 14AWG through the 6 position plug.

View attachment 3604905

View attachment 3604906

View attachment 3604907

View attachment 3604908
Wow, that sounds like it took some thought!
Looks great! Well done...

I’ve been using LT1 Swap - https://lt1swap.com/ as a guide for the engine wiring harness. This guy suggested using masking tape to wrap the wiring to keep it organized, so that’s what I’ve been doing. After 25 times of reorganizing the wiring, I’m pretty fed up with peeling off tape. Decided to try some double sided Velcro stripping instead.

View attachment 3606322

View attachment 3606323

View attachment 3606324
Mo betta...

View attachment 3606322

View attachment 3606323

View attachment 3606324
Nice. I assume it all gets covered by some split-loom at the end?

Yepper - some of that cloth tape and loom. The Velcro thing is for temporary until the harness is complete and done and I’m happy with how it’s routed.
I thought you would go w/ some nice masking tape...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom