What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

getting ready to dive in hard in early 2020 ...........

this year will see the most profound updates

and
Period correct end results ,

all while pumping out
7-MAX Lumens

w/ my New specialized LED Bulbs

that i have custom tailored to simply :

Plug and Play The VintageTEqParts way

:D

I'mma gonna make you a wealthy man Matt.

I'mma gonna make you a wealthy man Matt.

throw me a PM with a desired scope of work list outlined , we can begin there

thanks for reaching out

matt

Drove both around everyday this week after work. Monroe County tag office let me run my 77 Georgia plate. I have to keep a new tag in the console but can display the classic one.

73974B23-4BDF-4419-9D8D-0D9DC4A841F2.jpeg

43E1CDB1-C1CB-4BDB-B536-2B73AA2DB9AC.jpeg

9283C3E4-6F34-4677-8EFC-2CA585BA30F0.jpeg

Had cold starting issues with the Old Gurl. Traced it to the starter. Replaced with a spare FJ60 gear reduction starter I had lying around. Now she sounds "different". I don't like it😰. Gonna have to look at rebuilding my old starter. Are parts still available for the old direct drive starters?

View attachment 2178858
I have some new bendix drives, solenoids, and maybe still some brushes in stock. Leftovers from a bygone era. If it needs more than that, it’s probably more economically effective to buy another unit.

My 12 year old son and I did the valves, carb, timing, pcv valve, air filter and plugs. Vacuum gauge measured 16 to start, 17.5 when done. Had a few intake valves that were tight. Tomorrow we will do compression test to get baseline numbers.
It has been almost 4 years since I got grease on my hands. Great feeling. The “ Iron Yak” runs great.

Installed my Christmas present (courtesy TeamJB)... NOS carb on my '67. Started up immediately, and now she runs like a champ.

View attachment 2170726
My 67 has the big window single barrel. Wonder what part of the year they switched to that one?
Also, where did you find it?

Last edited:
Restored a OEM rear view mirror from a 63 40 series.

Also working on a whole bag of goodies from the same 63. Wiper switch, light switch, bug catcher latches, TNK Wiper motors, and glass fuel filter housing.

FUN!!!

20200111_215244.jpg
20200111_215348.jpg
20200111_215531.jpg
20200111_191138.jpg

Added the front grille and cage back onto the beast. Kind of like the look of it without a bezel.

View attachment 2179810

View attachment 2179811

View attachment 2179812

View attachment 2179813

I have to agree with you. I just recently said the same thing about my own. I had thought about trying to find some older fj45 headlight trim rings. I haven't looked yet, but its on my list of things to look for. If you go that route let us know what you did. Rig is looking awesome by the way!!

I have to agree with you. I just recently said the same thing about my own. I had thought about trying to find some older fj45 headlight trim rings. I haven't looked yet, but its on my list of things to look for. If you go that route let us know what you did. Rig is looking awesome by the way!!

20 yrs ago or more, when I had to remove the factory bezel to replace a burnt out headlight, I knew it was not going to go back on.
fj40@the clog.jpg

last night i started screwing around with something i have not screwed with

before ?

I have only ever seen this type of cluster once in my life , but now own 2 as part

of a larger then life Trade , and deal i made with the TEq Devil ........... 😆

DSCN2188.JPG
DSCN2189.JPG
DSCN2192.JPG
DSCN2195.JPG
DSCN2197.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom