What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL you guys all seem to be pros, I was just happy with changing my oil pan gasket and oil.... but thats why I'm here, so much to learn.

Everyone started somewhere, and was once a newbie.

Did some work on the turn signal selector on my Caddy steering wheel.
I have been proud of that telescope/tilt steering I bought back in 1984, not only because I think it looks classy but the fact that I talked the guy down from $80 to $20.
For the last four or five years I have had to hold the selector arm to keep the blinkers on so was looking for a replacement part.
I remember the guy selling it telling me it was from a 70-71 Cad but in search of parts found that it is a 65-67 column and wheel.
The replacement part was about a hundred bucks for a used part that I was going to have to modify so thanks to ASB plastic and a wood burner I managed to fab a replacement.

Looks like I have signals that stay on.
Now to see how long it lasts compared to fifty years of the original

My soft top frame from realsteelcruiserparts.net came back today from the powder coat shop. Big thanks and shout out to Bayou City Coatings www.bayoucitycoatings.com
D186DC5B-5AE7-41C7-97F6-FEB00CAEF703.jpeg
84F7BFC4-2EF3-4E72-B69C-CFFF6AEA56CD.jpeg
99B2CF21-00EC-4D52-AE98-23A745333434.jpeg

Last edited:
Suprising to see that much logic in that switch schematic.

Do you have any part numbers that would be useful?

the Datsun/Nissan wiper amp I used and depicted in the drawing is 28890w7500, not certain of the fj40 intermittent wiper switch, you will see them in the classifieds section. Note this particular version has an adjustable delay. There is a simpler version that has a fixed delay.

1578519264042.png

I temporarily borrowed the battery from my '76 FJ40 this afternoon so I could move my '93 4-Runner from the street in front of my house, where the tow truck dropped it off at 3:00 am the other morning, into the garage. After my son got home from work (and a steak dinner) we proceeded to replace the alternator that crapped out on him 25 miles from home. I had a suspicion it was the original alternator because I could find no records that it had been replaced by the original owner. After we removed it I took a good look - Nippondenso with the original nameplate. That sucker took a long time to die - a not too shabby 296,540 miles o_O.

getting ready to dive in hard in early 2020 ...........

this year will see the most profound updates

and
Period correct end results ,

all while pumping out
7-MAX Lumens

w/ my New specialized LED Bulbs

that i have custom tailored to simply :

Plug and Play The VintageTEqParts way

:D

3809A374-4CBA-44A3-9134-9D1E183EFA85 - Copy 1.jpg

DSCN1739.JPG
DSCN1740.JPG
DSCN1742.JPG
DSCN2118.JPG

Some Early " SKUNK-WORKS " Lab Test Results using

the Latest in Modern Materials and Refined time tested Techniques

💥

DSCN2121.JPG

index999999999999999999999999999999 - Copy - Copy.png

Have to do it.. 40 gods compel me...

LCBezelPolice01.jpg

Had cold starting issues with the Old Gurl. Traced it to the starter. Replaced with a spare FJ60 gear reduction starter I had lying around. Now she sounds "different". I don't like it😰. Gonna have to look at rebuilding my old starter. Are parts still available for the old direct drive starters?

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom