What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week?

My 12 year old son and I did the valves, carb, timing, pcv valve, air filter and plugs. Vacuum gauge measured 16 to start, 17.5 when done. Had a few intake valves that were tight. Tomorrow we will do compression test to get baseline numbers.
It has been almost 4 years since I got grease on my hands. Great feeling. The “ Iron Yak” runs great.

Added the front grille and cage back onto the beast. Kind of like the look of it without a bezel.

View attachment 2179810

View attachment 2179811

View attachment 2179812

View attachment 2179813

I have to agree with you. I just recently said the same thing about my own. I had thought about trying to find some older fj45 headlight trim rings. I haven't looked yet, but its on my list of things to look for. If you go that route let us know what you did. Rig is looking awesome by the way!!

pb4ugo

SILVER Star

I have to agree with you. I just recently said the same thing about my own. I had thought about trying to find some older fj45 headlight trim rings. I haven't looked yet, but its on my list of things to look for. If you go that route let us know what you did. Rig is looking awesome by the way!!
20 yrs ago or more, when I had to remove the factory bezel to replace a burnt out headlight, I knew it was not going to go back on.
fj40@the clog.jpg

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Aproach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

last night i started screwing around with something i have not screwed with

before ?

I have only ever seen this type of cluster once in my life , but now own 2 as part

of a larger then life Trade , and deal i made with the TEq Devil ........... 😆

DSCN2188.JPG
DSCN2189.JPG
DSCN2192.JPG
DSCN2195.JPG
DSCN2197.JPG

Had cold starting issues with the Old Gurl. Traced it to the starter. Replaced with a spare FJ60 gear reduction starter I had lying around. Now she sounds "different". I don't like it😰. Gonna have to look at rebuilding my old starter. Are parts still available for the old direct drive starters?

View attachment 2178858
Sound like a Jeep starting doesn’t it 🤣! But it works!.

AutaviaFJ40

SILVER Star
Had cold starting issues with the Old Gurl. Traced it to the starter. Replaced with a spare FJ60 gear reduction starter I had lying around. Now she sounds "different". I don't like it😰. Gonna have to look at rebuilding my old starter. Are parts still available for the old direct drive starters?
Interesting...about 3-4 weeks ago, my original starter died and I located a starter locally (Autozone) that got me back on the road, but hated the sound. I finally located a Toyota GRS and installed it today, and yes a completely different sound...now I don't remember what the original sounds like :(

Regardless, I think this one is a keeper...much better than the original.

60055066825__9904653B-56AA-42DA-8FA4-B301ACE6D187.JPG

Top Bottom