What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (89 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSCN2209.JPG
DSCN2210.JPG
DSCN2211.JPG
DSCN2212.JPG
DSCN2213.JPG

@thecrazygreek

“fuel line grommet”

I as well as MANY others could use one of them !!!

I hear you!!

My 78 has one in very nice condition so I have a reliable sample to copy from. I will post it up once I get it finished.

I am also going to print some of these for test fitting... TNK Wiper Cover / Insulator
I am discovering that this 3D printing magic can consume some serious hours...!!!

TNK Cover.JPG

Keep it 3-speed, and F (or maybe 2F).
I have heard that the 4 speed is a better transmission than the 3 speed. Do you think that putting in a 2F with a 4 speed would lower the resale value?

I have heard that the 4 speed is a better transmission than the 3 speed. Do you think that putting in a 2F with a 4 speed would lower the resale value?
Frame crossmember clearance, at the drum brake, is an issue with most 4-speed conversions. Also, most 4-speeds have their output shaft splines and output gear chewed up, creating an oil leak, and maybe a worse condition.

There is a coolness factor about three-on-a-tree and not chopping up the original transmission hump. It is hard for buyers to convince their spouse that the vehicle they are about to buy was highly modified by a non-professional who is now unloading the project.

Once you learn how to drive the non-synched first gear on a 3-speed Land Cruiser, everything is fine.

Last edited:
i Attended the Annual NOS Festival last weekend , I came across a bunch

of " The Real- Deal " oem Toyota Locking Gas caps ,w/ verifiable oem black

top OEM keys too , w/ key code factory tag , and More Glass Bowls

then are at a Fall Tour Phish Concert ..........

DSCN2277.JPG
DSCN2281.JPG
DSCN2282.JPG
DSCN2283.JPG
DSCN2284.JPG

Fit the FST frame from realsteelcruiserparts.net. First time dealing with this company and they have great customer service, very fast shipping and a quality product!

For those of you with a FST, does the rear soft top frame sit tight against the tub?
E685EA99-4126-4DF3-ABD9-95C391EE93C4.jpeg

Fit the FST frame from realsteelcruiserparts.net. First time dealing with this company and they have great customer service, very fast shipping and a quality product!

For those of you with a FST, does the rear soft top frame sit tight against the tub?View attachment 2183569

Mine is an Ehsan top. If I understand your question, there is a U shaped bracket that holds the upright tight against the inside of the tub.

We tackled the suspension last week and new stock rims with 33 BFG AT's.....(VERY, very old tires were replaced finally) Thanks Justin at Redline for the suspension advice.
Also, polished the stock paint.....for hours, and hours

20191123_125317 small.jpg

20200107_131238_resized_1.jpg

20200111_115341_resized.jpg

Got to work on cleaning up some early 40 parts.
TNK wiper motors are getting a cleaning. Inspection, lube and test. So far both are looking great. The park brake shoes seem to be ok as well. Will be testing them tomorrow or Friday.

20200115_200044.jpg

20200115_200528.jpg

Last edited:
Installing a grounded wiper switch without scraping off paint

Given all the issues that Mudders have with bad grounds, I redid my wiring to include individual ground wires to each and every component that needs one. I installed a 10 gauge main 'trunk' wire, terminated on the frame with the negative battery connection. This trunk wire has numerous spliced in White/black 16 ga. ground wires with female bullet terminals to provide grounds where needed.

@Coolerman's write-up on wipers indicates the wiper switch needs to be grounded in order for the washer pump to work. The pictures below illustrate how I inserted a large diameter ring tongue connector onto the nut that fastens the switch to the dash board.

The first picture shows the ring tongue connector (crimped, soldered, then heat shrink tubing)

Good ground, no scraping off the painted surface.

Wiper switch ground 1.jpg
Wiper switch ground 2.jpg

Mine is an Ehsan top. If I understand your question, there is a U shaped bracket that holds the upright tight against the inside of the tub.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom